Problem with having multiple OS on my computer

mine is multi os...i repaired my xp... so my vista gone .... but i did't delete the system files yet so tell me how to enable my vista...................;-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Frankly speaking, I do not understand your question. Before I write further, may I request you to pay attention to formatting of your posts?

Could you tell us how you repaired XP? What was the problem you were facing with XP?
  • prabhat kumar
    prabhat kumar
    now repair vista then enable xp ok sorry bt write in more detail.
  • eshoo
    eshoo
    my pc is multi os .... i had some problem before so i repaired my xp using botable cd....now i don't have any problem with my xp... but now my system become single os... xp rewrite the boot record....so please tell me how will i get vista back(with out installing again)??????
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Boot from windows xp cd and try using fixmbr command in recovery console.
    I dont know exact syntax.
  • sriramchandrk
    sriramchandrk
    Hi,

Since the way XP writing the boot information and Vista writing the boot info is different. We cannot use XP fixmbr to fix this problem.
    We need to use some bootmgr application which understands both Vista as well as XP formats.

I have taken the required section for fixing this from #-Link-Snipped-#

Download and install VistaBootPRO. Make sure you follow the prompt to install .Net Framework 2.00 as VistaBootPRO will not run without it.

Open VistaBootPRO, ignore the prompt to backup your BCD. Go to the System Bootloader tab, select "Windows Vista Bootloader" in the first section and "All Drives" in the second section and then click Install Bootloader . Next, go to the Diagnostics item on the menu bar and select "Run Diagnostics". VistaBootPRO will default back to the Manage OS Entries page and you will see that you now have entries there for "Earlier versions of Windows" as well as "Microsoft Windows Vista".

Install the Vista bootloader
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Restart your system and select the operating system you would like to boot to.

The Vista dual-boot menu
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Thanks & Regards
    Sriram
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Thanks for the post, Sriram 😀

Another way to do it is booting with the Vista DVD (if you still have it). There is an option to "fix" the boot manager of Vista.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi,i m in final year mechanical engg. i want ur help for my project work... my topic is "failure analysis of mechanical component"..... i m not getting that which things...
Hey there.. hello and hope all wud be happy with my site well here is a new stuff.. goto my another site and download sofwares for engineering and other stuff........
Hi all, I doing a project to develop stimulator on mobile communication system. It will be done using MatLab. The problem now is I do not know how to start...
CEans, It has been long time since anyone from our team (that's all of us, including you!) has written any article. So I thought of converting a discussion I'm having...
hiiiiiiiiiii