Problem with hard disk partitions

actually i have got a problem,i have got 160 gb but it is showing only 100 gb, so i want to install linux on that remainig part,can it be done,

Replies

• yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    Re: read the problem

your pc is showing only 100gb because you forget to create that 60gb drive while installing the window....when you will boot the pc to install the linux then create that drive and install the linux.......
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Re: read the problem

yeah this problem had also occured in my pc...now it is solved...
    and yes you can do it with help of virtual box .It will be the one which intermediates the two operating systems to run peacefully on the same machine. Technically, you have Windows already installed and running and VirtualBox will create a special environment for Linux to be placed within Windows.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    you can view your drive partitions and unpartitioned space by right click on mycomputer click manage go to disk management.from there you can also create a new partition.
  • toni_badoni
    toni_badoni
    thanks ever1...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys how good is windows 7??i have read the reviews and they seem pretty good...but first hand info is always better ...isn't it???!!! is it worth giving up on...
Howdy folks! I had to create a presentation to describe CE. My aim was to tell the 'busy folks' about CE in less than a minute. The feedback I've received...
Hey guys for hyderabad(india) i need your suggestions.i want some ideas on government and private organizations where i can do my major projects.i know some of u guys would have...
UserBase: I think google is best ..as I am using for many years AlgorithmBase: i wud say google is the best they have a faster running algorithm, So i guess...
Sir / madam, My question is Number 7 does not occur in this multiplication. Find the product. 2** 3** ------- 5** *6* **3 ------- ***** ------- Advance Thanks, R.Rengaraj {SCE...