problem with 74LS244 buffer

hi everyone
I have made a circuit using AT89C4051 and some of the inputs and outputs i have buffered using LS244.i needed to have some delay for buffer,so i used a simple RC delay circuit with value C=10uF and R=10K and connected the output across resistance to enable pins of buffer.
now the problem arises here.according to simple equation time constant(Tc)=RC=100ms , the buffer should get enabled only after 100ms BUT the voltage at enable pin comes down to 1.15V and stays there..after some time when i keep on checking with probe then it comes down to 0.5V i m not able to understand it. please give me some suggestions

also its affecting voltage level of other buffer port pins???

Replies

• shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    you must be knowing the concept of how the multimeter works,, so you are using RC circuit and capacitor stores the charge and it will gradually go down due to leakage ,,which depends on your resistance value..now when you try to test voltage using multimeter then cap may be discharging using your multi meter,, that can be the reason of that ..
  • dhruv.narwat
    dhruv.narwat
    but why it stays at 1.15V and doesnt come to almost zero volt without checking with multimeter.
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    πŸ˜•
    I think for me to get a better idea (perhaps for the others too) can you just share with us the schematic if the buffer part with enable signal.

-Karthik
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Druv,
    regarding buffer voltage going down is only because of capacitor discharge theory,& reason why stagnant at 1.15V is due to buffer/cap characteristics.
    For efficient Delay manupulation Multivibrators(mono/bistable) is the best choice.It will be better if you can show me schematic of the same.
    REgards,
    J2R

dhruv.narwat
    hi everyone
    I have made a circuit using AT89C4051 and some of the inputs and outputs i have buffered using LS244.i needed to have some delay for buffer,so i used a simple RC delay circuit with value C=10uF and R=10K and connected the output across resistance to enable pins of buffer.
    now the problem arises here.according to simple equation time constant(Tc)=RC=100ms , the buffer should get enabled only after 100ms BUT the voltage at enable pin comes down to 1.15V and stays there..after some time when i keep on checking with probe then it comes down to 0.5V i m not able to understand it. please give me some suggestions

also its affecting voltage level of other buffer port pins???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys please help regarding my website project please guide me about database connectivityπŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜πŸ˜

hi

hi,this is sreedu.joined today.hoping to make friends 😁.first time joining a forum of this kind
Hi Friend (TheBugInYou), I am 3rd year Mechanical Engg Student .Now I am looking for a project which is more advanced. can any one of me can send me some...
Article link on front page: Know your CEan - Sauravgoswami! **************************************** CEans, He is an applications engineer by profession & an aspiring entrepreneur. He dreams of running a multi-millionaire company...
Hi guys, The name itself implies that, the Mobile battery gets charged without the Charger chord. Using Magnetron, we can convert Electrical energy to Microwave energy, this energy is transmitted...