Problem of boost converter

Hello everyone, please help...

#-Link-Snipped-#

When i connect the circuit as the schematic above: the output is not changeable which means when I alter my Pot, the output remains the same. ( the frequency is about 2.3Khz)

One thing that I have observed is, the output is now depending on my Inductor value.

1mH = 100V++;10mH= 51V.

I burned my 3mH inductor while I was using C1=47uF (last time, the inductor wasn't burned !!! I wonder why)

The duty cycle is about 60%.

Things that I've summarized are :
1. When switching frequency is up to 23kHz, the inductor is alright but the output is not alterable; When switching frequency is low as 1.4kHz, the output can be altered but inductor will be burst ( it's like overheat and cause the outside(cover) of the coil inductor melts.)

2. The feedback system seems like failure when frequency is as high as 20kHz. But, why?

3. For 1 &2 are the conditions under resistor as load. And, I just connected it to the real load that I wanted to connect. Things happen:
The output voltage was less than just now: for 10mH, it became 30V;for 1mH, it became 80V [the output voltage is less 20V compare the just now]
(ii) When I connected to 1mH inductor, both of the inductor and Mosfet is quite hot ( i just connect it about 10++min)

4. Previously, with low frequency, it had "hiss" sound. Now, "Hiss" sound is gone when the switching frequency is 20kHz with 60%duty cycle; "hiss" sound appears when switching frequency is 1.4kHZ...

Does anyone have any ideas regarding my problem? What should I do? Thanks a lot in advanced.

Replies

• hissyu
    hissyu
    Anyone could help?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tikona Digital Networks ready to acquire HCL Infinet. The deal is subject to approval by regulatory approvals. There’s no official word on the details of the acquisition and pricing. Harsh...
Hey guys!!!! Need some help about my report in Safety engineering about INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE. Can you share some knowledge or links about it???? Here are the topics that should be...
I have an Airtel Number and as MNP is launched nationwide, I received a message from Airtel Customer Care, "Airtel always provides superior customer services to you through 24X7 anytime,...
Hello everybody!!! 😉
Hari is a new member on CE, but a regular visitor. Wishing you many happy returns of the Day. 🎉