CrazyEngineers
  • hi, friends getting some problem in socket connection b\w two systems.....progrmme is running in a standalone..but not in across the network.....in our project we are using...socket programming for communication and port address as:6789... ..eventhough LAN is good but socket is not creating b\w two systems .....how to solve this problem....😕😕

plz any body....help me...........😔😔😔
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • mahul

MemberMay 13, 2008

Re: Problem In Nerwork

try a huge port address value, something like 13000 or 16000. Do inform us if that solves your problem.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberMay 14, 2008

Oh, thats the first time I came across "socket programming"!
    Is it like this? #-Link-Snipped-#

Anyhow, if you are directly connecting between two computers using network cards, you must use a crossover cable. Its a modified cat5e cable allowing for peer-to-peer network connections. Useful stuff for 1 on 1 LAN gaming if you don't want to use wireless 😉

Of course, if you are using a hub, then just ignore whatever I said above 😛
    Cancel
  • just2rock

MemberMay 25, 2008

for Power over Ethernet and long Haul communication,Cat6 cable will be best
    Cancel
  • koli

MemberJun 26, 2008

telenet to the socket and check from local host

e.g. for socket 6060
    telnet 10.10.10.10:6060

if it holds the connection on the server / destination socket then there could be possibility of issue with client / destination.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register