problem in installing windows xp

hi friends,

i am having problem in installing windows xp when i boot my cd it starts the setup and after that it copies all the files and than computer reboots to continue installation but after rebooting it starts the setup again i.e it again copies the file and did not continue furthar installation.

i also tried to install windows 7 but there also it is having same problem.

pls help...

Replies

• saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    after restart go to bios and change ur boot device priority to ur hard disk in which u have installed xp and then try it will work
  • safwan
    safwan
    yes what i believe is correct sujjetion from saurabh

change your boot periority of
    first boot device : CD
    second boot device:HDD.(harddisk)
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    thank's saurabh2486 it worked,

but before that i used to install without doing any change's in bios boot sequence settings and now i have to do so .can u tell me any reason for that. these problem started just before some days.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Typically, when you boot your computer with a Windows bootable CD in the drive*, it asks you to press a key to boot into the CD failing which, it boots from the first hard disk.

*=And the boot device priority as CD/DVD then HDD
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    yaaa u got ur answer faizaan lol

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

cud anyone help abt joining embedded course in CDAC Chennai. please give information abt placements,faculty and facility..
hello friends , I can't access Microsoft site . When I write in url Microsoft.com it displays server not found .
CE-Ankleshwar Meet​ Date: 18th July 2009​ Place: Hotel Ashirwad, Station Road, Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India. Attendees: ​ CEan – Cowboy (Electrical Engineer) CEan – RajdeepCE (Computer Engineer) CEan – godfAther (Electronics...
i m dng my final year engineering .....need some ideas for project in zigbee domain....more based on electrical field such as power conservation,control of machines etc.....:smile:
Love Aajkal is an one time movie. Directer could not justify a story. Public can't understand story.Story rotate in past and present.