Problem in installing omnet++ on windows 7

Hello everybody, i am having problem in installing omnet++ on window 7. I have downloaded it from site and saved on the C drive and then unzipped it, and then i double clicked on mingwenv and then i typed ./configure,but after some minutes it displays "configure: error: Standard C++ library -lstdc++_s or -lstdc++ or lcxx or lcxa not found ". The message appear over the command line and is attached as an image here below. Kindly tell me what additionally i have to do for installing oment over window 7.
with regards
Adil Bashir

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    Adil Bashir
    Hello everybody, i am having problem in installing omnet++ on window 7. I have downloaded it from site and saved on the C drive and then unzipped it, and then i double clicked on mingwenv and then i typed ./configure,but after some minutes it displays "configure: error: Standard C++ library -lstdc++_s or -lstdc++ or lcxx or lcxa not found ". The message appear over the command line and is attached as an image here below. Kindly tell me what additionally i have to do for installing oment over window 7.
    with regards
    Adil Bashir
    Well, u didn't mentioned the site from which u downloaded. I suggest u download it from the official site. Also if latest version did not worked out for u, try to download and install some other (older) version, it may work. You can get older versions from #-Link-Snipped-# .
    Also follow the Install guide given on same link.
    Some versions may not work with Visual c++ compiler,so better to use some other compiler.
    and I guess u forgot to attach the image u were gonna attach👀.
    If the problem persists, do share the problem faced, along with the contents of config file, Good luck!👍
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Adil Bashir
    with regards
    Adil Bashir
    Unfortunately you have downloaded Linux version.
    in omnetpp.org you will find detailed installation steps for windows installation ( with eclipse). Are you using Omnet 4x?
  • Adil Bashir
    Adil Bashir
    yes it is omnetpp-4.2.2)
    itz solved now, trhanks all

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i forgot to eject DVD from drive before shutting it down... and now Cpu does not work..... what to do???????
LCDs are made up of millions liquid cells & around dozens of layers like : glare reducer, polarizer,etc.. Due to such layers, the LCDs aren't capable to illuminate as desired....
What's the difference between class and id in CSS , I can only find out that class is for particular group of elements and id is for unique element, but...
Hello everyone, I am pursuing B.E in Mechanical and planning and planning for doing MS in USA. Here, I am facing a difficulty in selecting my major. I have shortlisted...
Who else but the one and only...? (check out the tricknometry while you are at it)