problem in /etc/fstab...cant enable automount

i tried to enable auto mounting by editing the /etc/fstab file but the file's entries arent normal....there should be a 'default' value under the options column which i will relace by auto but its not there.i have taken a screenshot...plz help...its doesnt show other partitions even after mounting them manually. plz help.

Replies

• AnarchistBits
    AnarchistBits
    What Linux distro are you using?

If the most popular, Ubuntu, you can use the gconfig editor:

Mount/USB - Community Help Wiki
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Which flavour and version of Linux are you using? From Ubuntu 8.04, the automount feature is available by default. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

""mechanical engineering seminar topics updated"soft copies available for download".. sonar distance meter Vibration analysis of rotary equipment Non contact power transfer system Design of AC System Automobile Air Conditioning Transfer...
These ideas are on the programming of the brain. We are in the beginning stages of making this a success but i know that it can, already is, and will...
Hi friends thanks for the brotherhood.😁 Can any one provide clue how to find pdf's of FIDIC..
Samsung Galaxy S II and iPhone 4 are the top rivals in the smartphone arena. Both phones are at par in terms of functionality but have their own differences as...
The latest features in Apple Mac OS X Lion include: Multi-touch gestures Full Screen Apps Mission Control Mac App Store Launch Pad Resume AutoSave Versions Mail Lion Server Know about...