@ISHAN TOPRE • 09 Sep, 2011
Friends,
I GATE, I have seen that about 10-12 marks come directly from Maths. Out of which Probability and statistics.has a big share.
I am dedicating this thread to for practicing and posting some simple methods for probability problems.

I will be posting the common types of questions which are asked in GATE.

Feel free to make your contributions.

Instruction: NO SPAMMING. SPAMMERS WILL BE BANNED.
-By order-
@ISHAN TOPRE • 09 Sep, 2011 • 1 like Type 1]

A company has three machines A, B, C. They produce 15%, 20% and 65% of identical goods respectively. Out of them the defective pieces produced by each machine are 0.01, 0.03, 0.15.

What is the probability that a defective piece is selected and it is produced by Machine C?
Solution:[TABLE="class: grid, width: 350"]
[TR]
[TD]Machine[/TD]
[TD]A[/TD]
[TD]B[/TD]
[TD]C[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Probability Of Production P(M)[/TD]
[TD]15/100[/TD]
[TD]20/100[/TD]
[TD]65/100[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Defects By Each Machine P(D/M)[/TD]
[TD]1/100[/TD]
[TD]3/100[/TD]
[TD]15/100[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

We have to find P(M/D)=P(C/D)

We will use Baye's Theorem
P(C/D)= {0.65*0.15)/ {0.15*0.01+0.20*0.03+0.65*0.15}

P(C/D)=13/14

Related Posts

I thought of compiling a list of the coolest and the best whatsapp group names that you've been using for your respective groups. For the sake of convenience, we'll stick...
A simple good bye email or last working day mail ain't cool! We've some awesome templates that you can use. If you're looking for an amazing Last Working Day email...
Hello CEans, How to convert CGPA (10 Point Scale) to Percentage? Please help!
I heard many students are having a trouble registering on the TCS Portal, when it's quite straightforward actually. If you have problem in attaching photos or CV, Use internet explorer...
What is IES or Indian Engineering Services Exam? Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2016 is an entrance exam for graduates who wish to...