CrazyEngineers
  • Ankita
    Ankita

MemberDec 14, 2011

Princess Puzzle : Solve it

A king wants his daughter to marry the smartest of 3 extremely intelligent young princes, and so the king's wise men devised an intelligence test.

The princes are gathered into a room and seated, facing one another, and are shown 2 black hats and 3 white hats. They are blindfolded, and 1 hat is placed on each of their heads, with the remaining hats hidden in a different room.

The king tells them that the first prince to deduce the color of his hat without removing it or looking at it will marry his daughter. A wrong guess will mean death. The blindfolds are then removed.

You are one of the princes. You see 2 white hats on the other prince's heads. After some time you realize that the other prince's are unable to deduce the color of their hat, or are unwilling to guess. What color is your hat?

Note: You know that your competitors are very intelligent and want nothing more than to marry the princess. You also know that the king is a man of his word, and he has said that the test is a fair test of intelligence and bravery.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Sagar07

MemberDec 15, 2011

If color of my hat is black, then one prince lets say "B" will see one white hat and one black hat... And "C" will see one white and one black...
    Now, C is unwilling to guess, that means, B will be sure that hat on his head is white in color, because if it was black, then C should have guessed the answer as "white hat on his head" as there were only two black hats....

so, Color of my hat is "WHITE".......
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • CE Designer

MemberDec 15, 2011

White! haha nice one
    Cancel
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman

MemberDec 18, 2011

Hey I don't get the question. The princes are taken into a room, blindfolded, placed a hat and asked to guess? Are they removed of their blindfolds or only after guessing are they removed?
    Cancel
  • Prashanth_p@cchi

MemberMay 24, 2012

Praveen-Kumar
    Hey I don't get the question. The princes are taken into a room, blindfolded, placed a hat and asked to guess? Are they removed of their blindfolds or only after guessing are they removed?
    The princes are shown 5 hats (3 white and 2 black) before they are blinfolded. then they are blindfolded and a hat is placed over their head...... sagar is right.
    Cancel
  • zaveri

MemberMay 26, 2012

CE Designer
    White! haha nice one
    what is your explaination
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register