Pressure And Velocity

Can any one explain, how pressure decreases when velocity increases in case of fluids.
as the area reduces velocity increases, but the pressure reduces. pressure is inversely proportional to area i,e p = F/A, but tapering pipe as the area reduces as per pressure and area relation it has to increase but y pressure drop?

Replies

• Harshad Katre
    Harshad Katre
    In pipe, as area decreases velocity should increase to maintain flow rate constant by Flow Rate= Area*Velocity. Then apply law of energy conservation, as Kinetic energy is increasing other form of energy(in this case pressure energy) should decrease considering potential energy remaining constant.
  • Kavyashree.R.R
    Kavyashree.R.R
    thank u for your reply sir 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

suggest good reference for socket programming in java
yesterday i posted one thread but dint get the answer yet......... Some companies are postponing the date of joining na so getting some what fear.. I got placed in Cognizant...
CEans, I'm a BE graduate and working in MNC as developer. Now I have got 2 years of work experience, I would like to apply for executive mba, or part...
Fact #1: Industrial Visit is more of a group picnic than study tour. Fact #2: Your Family members will not consider you an Engineer! Unless you repair any home appliances....
sir tel me what is subject/syllabus.many r telng chemical eng. is nothing but pharmacy?is it?i like topics like mettalurgy,plastics etc.i want to take up this brach pls reply what wd...