Presently 7th semester eee, planning to start prepartion for GATE

hello, i'm now in 7th semester eee. Getting a job after b.tech was a goal to me. But after realising M.tech graduates are getting placed in reputed core companies with best salary, i've changed my mind. Matter is not only on the grounds of salary but i don't want to work in IT companies after ug. Ofcourse i can get a job in core company after B.Tech, i want to improve my qualification.There was no one to guide me for Gate exam preparation. I bought gate exam materials for self study. But i'm afraid within january 2013 i can finish my preparation so that i can revise the portions. Kindly guide me normally how many months of preparation is sufficient for getting good gate marks. I'm ready to work hard.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    It is very much difficult to give a suggestion about how much you should study to clear GATE examination. It varies from person to person. Still you
    have to surely prepare hard and an minimum of 4 to 5 hours of serious preperation is required all through the year only then you can expect an good rank in the gate examination irrespective of your branch and also a bit of smart work is also required.

It does not matter how many hours you have studied or how much you have studied. What really matters is what you have studied. Just keep the following points in mind:

Focus on quality and not quantity. Practice to solve a variety of questions rather than solving a number of questions of same type.
    Study on a daily basis. This will maintain continuity.
    Solve last 5 years papers of GATE,
    Make your own short notes and
    Keep revising the topics.
  • Asif ri
    Asif ri
    thanks to mod

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Freelancing seems to be growing industry in developing countries like India, Philippines, Pakistan, Nepal and in the middle east as well. Freelancing is mostly about selling your skills and abilities...
Facebook did perfectly well on the social side of communication. But the moment it wants to enter the professional side of the communications between people - LinkedIn not going to...
When CE started, I thought the world spoke English and adopting it for the sake of all the communication here on CE would bring us lot of engineers. Lately, I've...
Sir i hardly have no idea regarding Smart Notice Board! But i think if i do my final year project on it will also be useful for my college. is...
​Torrents have always been difficult to manage as they must be seeded time and time again to keep them healthy. A torrent download must pass through a secondary gateway on...