Preparing for GOOGLE's Privacy Changes

I am rather cluless about internet privacy issues. There appears to be a major concern over GOOGLE's proposed 'unified field theory'.
I came across this article that seems to circumvent some of what Google is planning to do:
How to prepare for Google's privacy changes | CNN Business

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I don't understand why they have made this move. Is it for the users' benefit as they say? Access to more information?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    CE Designer
    I don't understand why they have made this move. Is it for the users' benefit as they say? Access to more information?
    What Google does will be usually for Google's benefit. However, they are enormously helpful also. Though I was horrified to find out how much private info is accessible Google and its ilk. Out of curiosity I checked with my daughter's name in one of these engines. Not only I got her full address and phone number but also the current value of her house in US!
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    bioramani
    What Google does will be usually for Google's benefit. However, they are enormously helpful also. Though I was horrified to find out how much private info is accessible Google and its ilk. Out of curiosity I checked with my daughter's name in one of these engines. Not only I got her full address and phone number but also the current value of her house in US!
    😨😲
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I think Google has brought in these changes sinc march 1. There was a article floating around which was suggesting ow to turn off google from accessing user data for its own purposes ( need to dig out ). Will post the link here for everyone's benefits.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    bioramani
    And this is what we call Privacy!!! 😲
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    durga
    I think Google has brought in these changes sinc march 1. There was a article floating around which was suggesting ow to turn off google from accessing user data for its own purposes ( need to dig out ). Will post the link here for everyone's benefits.
    Did you mean this one???
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, I have two laptops Dell with charger 90W -- 19.5V(4.5V) and one HP with charger 65W -- 18.5V(3.5A) . I am going home and don't want to carry...
I always love to play NFS and MotoGp games.In that we usually playing with cars or bikes which have nitro booster in it.But In real life is it safe to...
Verdana: Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer...
CEans, Those who have all the free time in the world and want to be creative can head over to https://memegenerator.net/Y-U-No and create your funny Y U No Meme. Feel...
Hola CEans 😀 I'm here to present KYVoiCEan of one of the technocrats from our VoiCE group.She is a crazy computer science student who enjoys watching movies,TV series,reading,travelling,playing games. She...