Pre-Launch Images of the Space Shuttle Endeavour

Pre-Launch Images of the Space Shuttle Endeavour

Early this morning, NASA scrubbed the launch of the space shuttle Endeavour (STS-127). For the second time in less than a week, the U.S. space agency called off the planned launch after a hydrogen leak was detected near the ground umbilical carrier plate (GUCP).

According to #-Link-Snipped-#, this latest leak "appears to point to a different issue with the hydrogen vent system". In the wake of Endeavour's first unsuccessful launch attempt last Saturday, a NASA team had carefully selected a replacement seal from a batch of six available spares.

But the June 17 launch of STS-127 was not to be. According to NASA, the next planned launch of Endeavour will be no earlier than (NET) July 11. Fortunately, CR4ers who appreciate stories about the space shuttle program won't have to wait that long to enjoy images of Endeavour.

Thanks to Joby Minor's Photo Galleries at pbase.com, a wonderful photographer who currently works for NASA in Huntsville, Alabama, CR4 has permission to bring you these pre-launch images of STS-127. (All photos courtesy of Joby Minor – copyright 2009). Here are a few.

Image 1
[​IMG]

Image 6
[​IMG]

Image 14
[​IMG]

Image 18
[​IMG]

Image 29
[​IMG]

Image 36
[​IMG]

Image 38
[​IMG]

Image 45
[​IMG]

Image 51
[​IMG]

Image 55
[​IMG]

For full album Visit this page:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Lol, the main booster looks "patched" up.

Kashish, I think you still need to put the link back to the globalspec article 😀 If not a competitor, CR4 is at least another of our engineering brethren, hehe
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    lolz yeah sorry 😉
    idk how I left it, I posted the link to the album 😕
    missed it somehow

Ok here is the full album
    #-Link-Snipped-#

contains the link to the cr4 homepage too. ^_^
    added in post too. 😀
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    ash
    Lol, the main booster looks "patched" up.
    someone on Cr4 said its duct tape
    rofl

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am planning to earn an advanced Online Degree. My problem is I am doing job also, due to which i can't attend regular classes. Will it really be beneficial?...
CEans pls help me with useful books for CAT,GATE,UPSC,MAT,GMAT...im doing my final year B.E.....😀
hai friends .i'm new to this forum.i'm seeking for good friends inorder to develop my technical knowledge in our mechanical field.waiting for the reply.😁😛;-)🎉
😎HI folks..😛 Current election had few shocks, with victories to the same old faces... I thought atleast this time, we would be governed by a youthfull gov.. But god baked...
Hello, IEEE spectrum has begun robitics webinars for free. All you need is register for white papers and webinars. CE has a lot of wanna-be /amatuer robotic engineers. A opportunity...