Practical example of rotation of earth.

hello ,
Really it is interesting practical example.must must.... try it.
follow these steps:

1.stand near the wall.
2.maintain one hand distance from wall.
3.touch wall with tip of your finger.(just touch the wall).
4.now hands down.
5.stand at same position.
6.donot move for 2 minutes.
7.now you try to touch the wall.
8.you find that gap between you and wall increases as before.

this is the effect of rotation of earth.

but i am unable to undewrstand how the rotation of earth effects?
if you have answer then pls explain it.๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    its illusion if earth rotates you and wall both rotates with the same speed...

here one more Question like this...
    if you have a Helicopter keep it on one position above the earth now after some time say 10 to 12 hours you have to land back so it is the same place from where you was? if earth rotates then you should be at different place ๐Ÿ˜

PS: when earth rotates at that time the surrounding environment also rotates with the earth.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    ashutoshglamour
    hello ,
    Really it is interesting practical example.must must.... try it.
    follow these steps:

1.stand near the wall.
    2.maintain one hand distance from wall.
    3.touch wall with tip of your finger.(just touch the wall).
    4.now hands down.
    5.stand at same position.
    6.donot move for 2 minutes.
    7.now you try to touch the wall.
    8.you find that gap between you and wall increases as before.

this is the effect of rotation of earth.

but i am unable to undewrstand how the rotation of earth effects?
    if you have answer then pls explain it.๐Ÿ˜
    Stand in the same position for another 1 hour; gap would be some 2 feets right??? Its MAGIC... ๐Ÿ˜

Was just kidding.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Certainly not a topic for electronics/electrical engineering section. Moving it to chit chat.

PS: I tried it, but I stood on the other side of the wall - and it hit me in the nose! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    PS: I tried it, but I stood on the other side of the wall - and it hit me in the nose! ๐Ÿ˜”
    Muhhhhaaaa

You are great biggi... Funny confession.

- ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I tried and i can touch!!!
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I think the gap happens because muscles relaxed when hands down after being stretched to the wall..
  • gohm
    gohm
    laugh, it would take quite a few beers before you could convince me of this! This is along the same lines as "if you are flying in a plane and jump into the air do you land further back than from where you jumped". =)
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    gohm
    laugh, it would take quite a few beers before you could convince me of this! This is along the same lines as "if you are flying in a plane and jump into the air do you land further back than from where you jumped". =)
    Gohm i had asked for the same question in different manner ๐Ÿ˜‰

godfather
    its illusion if earth rotates you and wall both rotates with the same speed...

here one more Question like this...
    if you have a Helicopter keep it on one position above the earth now after some time say 10 to 12 hours you have to land back so it is the same place from where you was? if earth rotates then you should be at different place ๐Ÿ˜

PS: when earth rotates at that time the surrounding environment also rotates with the earth.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    crazyboy
    Stand in the same position for another 1 hour; gap would be some 2 feets right??? Its MAGIC... ๐Ÿ˜

Was just kidding.

-CB
    Ha ha ! ROFL !
    The_Big_K
    Certainly not a topic for electronics/electrical engineering section. Moving it to chit chat.

ROFL ! *Cannot stop laughing * My God, Hoping your nose is ok. By the way why you stood on other side of wall? On which side you stood? You were supposed to stand in front of it I guess according to Mr Ashutosh [Our next Newton :sshhh: ]

@ashutosh - Man, is it your own observation ? I haven't tried because of lack of patience of standing still for 2 mins. I would say if it is your own observation then do some more similar kinds of observations at different different places and generate some kind of statistic and then show it to the world [By world I mean CE] , I guess then some study can be done on it and you never know you can be next "Newton" ๐Ÿ˜

All the best !

Oh yes, this reminded one more experiment , one of my uncle used to do on us in Game- game ๐Ÿ˜” . He made us to sit on plastic chair and then he beat hardly on chair's back with some piece of cloth and then we get mild electric shock if we used to touch sides of chair. Really it was scary when we were only kids ๐Ÿ˜”. Anyone know the reasons behind it?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There is a closed room where we left a rabbit. That rabbit has a unique property. It starts giving birth after 2nd month of its own birth (start of third...
Hello everyone, i am a new one,i found this from the google search,wow this site looks beautiful.lol....i will be happy with you, BTW I run my own site which is...
hi friends...i am crazy mechanical and automation engineer from delhi,INDIA. Now i am going to join you all the worlds brilliant engineers and hope you all guide me, help me...
hello.. to all crazy brilliant engineers,, can you simply diff b/t dtsi and mpfi engine tech.
I am student of MBA from Times Business school,and want to say all the friends Who wants to choose own career in MBA or BBA,participate the entrane exam conducted by...