Power Spectral Density

What is the physical significance of power spectral density. I know it is used in calculation of bandwidth in digital communication systems, but i could not exactly figure out why PSD? Why cant we just calculate the bandwidth like we do in amplifier circuits (change the frequency and measure the gain)

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    actually the energy associated with a modulated wave depends upon the the various wavelengths that constitute it.

PSD will give you the average power contribution per wavelength that the modulated wave is possessing.

we cannot calculate the bandwidth as we do in an amplifier circuit because in case of an amplifier circuit, there is a single frequency taken into consideration at a particular instance. The modulated waves that we have in digital systems have a mixture of frequencies and calculus approach is prerequisite to calculation of bandwidth

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, My question is about transfer systems and regarding the floors which have one or more of their vertical support being transfered using a transfer beam in the lower...
"I do not know where family doctors acquired illegibly perplexing handwriting; nevertheless, extraordinary pharmaceutical intellectuality counterbalancing indecipherability transcendentalizes intercommunication's incomprehensibleness." This is a sentence where the first word is one...
HELLO CO-ENGINEERS, I AM PRIYA,STUDYING ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION.U MAY WONDER WHAT THE TERM dREAMITIVITy IS?IT IS NOTHING BUT A dREAm AND cREATIVITy... EVERY ENGINEERS SHOULD HAVE BOTH OF THESE QUALITIES...
Hai hello I'm raihana. I am a newbie here. I am an electronics and communications engineer. I'd like to know about the various mtech courses offered for ece students
Name- Khirod Kumar Sethy........ Well I am B tech Graduate and My Discipline Is Electronics And Communication Engineering.. I am a Test Engineer By Profession and Have a 2+ years...