CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@freak16 • 18 Dec, 2010
Is power loss in bjt Vce*Ic? :smile: It is..but i dont know Why:smile:??
there must be some loss due to Ib(Base current also) though i completely agree it is a contolling current. but how this relation come..plz help me out.. 😁
@abs_vicky • 18 Dec, 2010 See buddy, In a N-P-N Bjt, The emitter is heavily doped and the base is very lightly doped and made extremely thin. So charge carriers in the base are very less, thus the recombination with incoming electrons from the emitter isnt much and due to the small width of the base most electrons cross over to the collector. Yaa there will be a loss due to the base current out of recombination but it is negligible in comparision and often neglected for simplicity in calculations.
@freak16 • 19 Dec, 2010 Dear vicky , you are right but my question is how the relation Vce * Ic comes?? 😁
@Jishnu Gupta • 28 Jan, 2011 Itz very simple maniac as per simple relation P=V*I so in a bjt Ie= Ib+Ic where the value of Ib is negligible hence we get Ie = Ic now as power loss takes place at collector junction which has a battery as voltage source i.e Vce and current flowing throuugh is Ic hence the power loss is P = Vce*Ic
Hope it is clear now any odr doubts u have lemme knw ...........😀
@Arp • 30 Jan, 2011 jishnu is right.
1.3k views

Related Posts

@Sahithi Pallavi · Jan 8, 2012

Concept of Built-Up Beams: Curtailment of the Flange Plates and Shear Connections in Design of Steel Structures was explained by Dr. Damodar Maity, Department of Civil Engineering , IIT Guwahati....
1.6k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Apr 19, 2015

A lot of people want to know about the WhatsApp business model. The app is so popular that it's already crossed about 800 million active users and yet, it's offered...
11.9k views

@ericsson · Jan 19, 2009

How to calculate the power consumed by a capacitor which is connected to a line to improve powerfactor?
9.1k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Sep 10, 2013

When rumours and leaks of the iPhone 5C began to surface, people in countries like India and China were quite excited. Everyone was hoping that Apple has finally paid attention...
1.2k views

@Manish Goyal · Dec 16, 2010

Rohit, Kunal, Ashish and John are students of a school. Three of them stay far from the school and one near it. Two study in class IV, one in class...
1.4k views