Power Consumption Monitoring

Hi

i intend to work on a project where i find the energy consumed by each device of a house/office and give it to a Computer so that user may use the information to reduce his power consumption wherever required

Though i am going through online literature for this i have a doubt:

Is it necessary for me to monitor the energy consumed at each instant or can i find the power consumed by a device (say for eg air conditioner) once and based on its ON time i can multiply them to find the energy consumed.

Replies

• medeepak
    medeepak
    i understand there are good amount of power fluctuations when a device is turned ON or OFF but otherwise while working normally does the power consumed change??
  • freak16
    freak16
    under normal working you just take the average power and multipy it by the time ..
    that means you are buddy..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

At CE, we follow use of proper English language (instead of SMS language or slangs). But many-a-times, I stumble across basic English grammar mistakes used by CEans. I am trying...

Jto

which book is best for JTO exam ?
Sandpaper is used in smoothing rough surfaces. Other than than that it is used in drawing. Here are some of my works:
earth acts as a conductor for dc but not for ac.. this statement is correct i know but can anyone elaborate it furthur.. i am not getting its explaination and...
Let us discuss everything about pointers, starting from basic definition to each and every error that generally occurs while doing programming in c++ through this thread I am sure it...