Power calculation

iv a bit stuck on this question..if anyone could give me any help it would be much appriciated!

''Calculate the power required to pump 50 metric tonnes of oil per hour along a pipeline 100mm diameter and 1.6 km long if the oil has a density of 915 kg/m[FONT="][/FONT] and has a kinematic viscosity of 0.00186m/s ''

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Where at are you stuck? If you are having trouble remembering formulas, this link should help to point you in the right direction on figuring it out while still allowing you the satisfaction of solving the problem. You'll need to go through several steps. Calculation, pump, hydraulic, npsh, suction, fluid, water, net

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Our CEans advised us to introduce a review section and we listened! Its a great pleasure to launch the all new CE - Reviews section. Through CE Review section,...
CEans, We are happy to introduce CE - Reviews section - a place where everything will be reviewed with an engineering vision 😀 Head over to CE - Reviews Discuss...
Dr. Masaaki Kumagai, director of Tohoku Gakuin University's Robot Development Engineering Laboratory has developed BallP - a robot that will put all human balancing skills to shame. The robot uses...
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS is out and I'm looking forward to a review of the latest OS by one of our CEan. Anyone?
I had posted this on LinkedIn asking HR recruiters what are the top three things they look for in a resume, heres a summary of their findings - If you...