Power Amplification

I need to send a full wave signal over 10km of co-ax. I'm needing to transmit at 10 watts and it needs to be matched to the 50 ohm line. I'm having trouble figuring out what the best way to get both my power needs with 50 ohm matched. I'm wondering about a push-pull bjt network but i'm not very familiar with using such high power. Can anyone make a suggestion? Also do I need anything on the receiving end to accompany my demodulation of the signal. i.e. to ensure it is getting 10 watts.

Replies

• dgeorgethomas
    dgeorgethomas
    My post seems confusing since I am not very familiar with my problem. To simplify/clarify it I need the following:

10 watts out @ 50 ohms to an RG-58
    w/ Full Wave @ around 32Khz or so.

I think the easiest way would be to use something like this #-Link-Snipped-#
    or an audio amplifier, but I am unsure how to make it output 10 watts as well as matching to 50 ohms. This is a small problem in a big project but i can't seem to figure it out.

Thanx
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    I am not sure if Audio amps will help because 32kHz is out of the Audio range.😒

However a normal Class A/Class AB amplifier followed by an Emitter follower / Darlington with a 50 Ohm emitter resistance should do the trick. However choose the transistor device to match your power requirements.

- Karthik
    😁
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    My advice is to use to amplifiers, one will be a class A amp with very good linearity and the other will be a class AB push/pull. The preamplifier ensures that your signal is of such amplitude that it is not distorted by subsequent class AB push/pull amp.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many of the websites today require flash/java to view their content. However since they are not open source, they're not bundled in the default installation. To install them first enable...
Hi! Guys Can u suggest me the way to convert KINETIC energy to ELECTRICAL energy?? Its Urgent....................
Hello everyone, I am in the final year of Computer Science Engineering and right now i am preparing for SCJP (Sun Certification for Java Programmer) certification and in this particular...
Hi Friends, I'm an electrical enginneer now working as broadcast engineer at Broadcasting Corporation Of India.I love playing chess & cricket.My aim is to be a good webdesigner.I joined here...
CEans, This post is aimed at informing you that our CE Events section is open for everyone to post information about tech-fests being organized in various colleges. If your college...