Potato in a microwave oven

If a potato is placed on a pure paper plate which is white and unprinted and put in a microwave oven,the potato heats up but the paper plate does not why?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Chit-Chat section.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    A microwave oven heats whatever is put inside it, by heating the water molecules in that material.

Potato contains water. So when it's kept inside a microwave, those water molecules are heated, which in turn heats the potato itself.

Since a sheet of paper doesn't contain water, microwave does not have any effect on paper.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is consumable and non-consumable electrode?? and where it is used??
i decided to do ah project in networking bt i not get any better ideas to do in advance... pls help or gve some ideas to do my project
Hello Everyone! Am Gowtham.N IIIrd year Mechanical Engineering Student. Am from Tamilnadu,India. Its a great Pleasure to be here with engineers across the world. Hope I can Learn something new...
Hi CEians, I need a help here. Am a mechanical engineering student. Till now i believe that after my degree i will be having two paths. One is TECHNICAL and...
Hi All! First of all, thank you for accepting me in this group. Pls call me Grace, I'm from the Philippines. I am a graduate of Electronics and Communications Engineering...