Port Mobile Number To Tata Docomo Via MNP

Tata Docomo is launching Mobile Number Portability Services all over India on January 20, 2011. Mobile Number Portability aka MNP is a technology that allows subscribers to switch their network provider without changing the mobile number. MNP launch was delayed several times in 2010 and it was officially launched in Haryana in late 2010. Now Tata Docomo is ready to launch MNP in other circles as well. The official website displays information that MNP will be made available to all the subscribers by January 20.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Tata Docomo MNP Launch

I've personally used Tata Docomo's network but it didn't make me happy with its coverage. The network works fantastic within cities but the moment you take your mobile out of the cities or on highways, the network goes on and off. I believe Tata Docomo has a long way to go before they make their network stronger and available at least on all the highways. However, I do like their customer service which is really good. Docomo even started online chat service recently that allows you to interact with a Docomo Executive through chat on their website. I believe customer care could be one of the key reasons subscribers would want to switch their operator for Tata Docomo.

Steps To Activate ( Credit #-Link-Snipped-#)

Here’s the procedure: -

1. Get Your UPC Code:

From your existing number, send following message to 1900 in following format:

PORT <10 Digit Mobile Number>
Example: PORT 9874563210
and send it to 1900

You will receive your UPC code via SMS.

2. Get a new Tata Docomo SIM:

Get a new tata docomo SIM. While filling up the form, enter the UPC code. You will have to attach identity proof/address proof and photograph.

3. Within a day, you will receive a message confirming the date of transfer and activation. You can then use your old number on Tata Docomo.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, your SIM will be changed. The procedure demands that you get a new SIM and enter the UPC code while filling up the form. That way, the network operator will keep your number the same, but the SIM will be changed. You'll have to transfer your contacts to the new SIM.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That is the right format. I hope you didn't include the single quotes. Also send the message to 1900. Don't include spaces anywhere except between PORT and number.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Piyush: I am a part of CrazyEngineers. I do not belong to or represent Tata DoCoMo.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

GroupOn - the company that's worth over $5 billion started as a simple Wordpress powered blog. The company has began expanding and has acquired a 3.5 month old startup based...
Micromax 351G (MMX 351G) Internet Data Card allows you to carry high-speed internet anywhere you go. This HSUPA modem aka (High Speed Uplink Packet Access) supports speeds up to 5.6...
GstarCAD is the world-class 2D/3D CAD (Computer aided design) software platform based on IntelliCAD technology. It is known for its powerful functions, AutoCAD-compatible programming platform, cost-effective solution and ease-of-use operating...
Well, let me apologize to the CEans outside India for writing on a India specific topic. This post is about the Common Admission Test or CAT that is conducted by...
Before you decide that this news is irrelevant and go away, let us tell you that if you should care about IPv6. Here's why - When you access CrazyEngineers, you...