Port Construction Project

Hi all,

I am currently working on a port construction project. Can anyone give me any idea of what to tackle in such project? I am not worried about the structural part, but the geo part is driving me nuts (especially shoreline protection methods)...

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am not a civil engineer. However, bridges and ports interest me. Generally ports are located at places where the coast line has the appropriate natural layout. Only minor work has to be done for berthing and such.
    Ports like the Madras port in South India did not have this natural advantage. The Madras port is a marvel of civil engineering constructed by the British engineers. The article on this port in the Encyclopaedia Britannica is worth reading.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Shoreline protection like construction of breakwater,groynes,gaboins,sea walls are adopted.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is a Logic Puzzle about men who commute daily to their jobs.​Amos, Clem, Dave, Eric, and Glen all live and work in small towns along the notorious Interstate Highway...
Can u help me to implement this project titled Fire and smoke alarm system with auto-dialer to fire station.
Hello could anyone please suggest a good book for the beginners on Android?
i am taking part in tpp nd my topic is cryptography nd network security... plz help me to get right and appropriate contents.... so that i can eligible to deliver...
halo freunden... wie geht es ihnen? ich heisse aabishkar kandel. ich bin student auf BE computer science.