Pool Chlorinator Help

Hey all,

I have a problem that i hope some one can solve as it has annoyed me for the past week..

I have a Self Chlorinator for my pool, which is a electrolizer and creates chlorine for the pool instead of adding it ur self.

Just recently something happen to it and The gauge on it is reading unusually low and is only adjustable to a certain point..

on the front it has a chlorine Output Gauge in % (Analogue Ammeter calibrated for %??) it will not past 20%

The Schematic is as follows :

240v to a SAFTEY ISOLATING TRANSFORMER - 9v output

9v output goes to a bridge rectifier (which is mounted on a rather large heatsink) . The + output of the bridge rectifier goes directly to the positive plates of th electrolizer, the - side of the bridge rectifier goes through the chlorine output gauge(Ammeter) in series then out to the negative plates of the electrolizer.

The 240v goes through a control circuit prior which i replaced before troubleshooting 😔, i have now hooked 240ac directly up to the 240 side of the transformer and still getting the same results...

Only options are Transformer, Ammerter or Bridge rectifier yeh ???

Can anyone give me some tests that i can do before buying more components?

im going to set it up in a minute without the ammeter to cross that off the list but yeh..

Im getting 2.3amps at the electrolyizer but it should rather be 9-12 at 100% opperation..

any help much appreciated!

Thx in advance

Replies

• atz88
    atz88
    Any body ??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi ,friends we are currently working on a online reservation project . we have already incorporated features like hotel reservation ,sms acknowledgement etc.so it would be helpful if you can...
i need soltion manual of electronic communication system by kenedy. plz tell me where from i can download it?
what is the reason of skin effect in conductors?😕
hello to all the CEs. im Rishad from Bangladesh doing my BSc. Engg in Electrical & Electronic Engineering. to be honest..i came here for some ideas regarding my final year...
hi everyone i have bought laptop it has already installed vista now i need to install xp but its not installing only