Pneumatic hand for bots

I want to design a pneumatic hand for a mini robot. From where shall I begin.

Replies

• Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    first of all.. go for a decision making process on
    1. What functions it is supposed to do.
    2.mobility.
    3. How much load (force) acts on the hand while it is functioning.
    4.now..for the force u've got and the mobility you require..plan a suitable drive system..if pneumatic scores, then go for it. else try for mechanical or hyd.
    You need to have a compressor kit being carried along if you do that. anyhow...that doesn' matter that much.Read some good design books that you may find online and also approach companies that make such arms. U'll then be able to better decide the exact arm force-length and pressure combination that may let u do the functions with better accuracy.
  • VISHNUGOPAN
    VISHNUGOPAN
    can you suggest some good books

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The description goes as - A personal moment of politico-Carnatic reflection at a recent wedding sangeet. Make sure you vote in November! Lots of people want him to record a...
The ever growing adoption of the cloud storage services and the falling prices have made more people aware of cloud storage systems. The services like Amazon and Dropbox make it...
Fore Bearing - Back Bearing = 180? OR Back Bearing - Fore Bearing = 180. I fully understood the concept of meridian and bearing 😀 😲 But this thing is...
XBOX and Playstation latest versions were launched about 6-7 years ago and the graphics / gaming industry has evolved a lot in the few years. Looking at the growth rate,...
Just want to know whether the 'Invite Friends' feature is useful or not and how many of you have really used it? The intention is not to 'spam' all of...