PMM First & Second Kind Of Machine

This is Jaspal, signing in from Dehradun, India. I want to ask a question about mech engineering - It is : what is pmm first and second kind of machine?
Please share you answers and explanations in this thread.

Replies

• white_hat
    white_hat
    The thing just keeps on producing output work without any kind of input.
    Perpetual motion machine first,second and third exist only in theory, its not practical because of friction.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Here is a clear difference.

PMM of first kind: gives output energy without taking any input energy. this violates first law of thermodynamics.

PMM of the second kind: takes input energy, and gives output energy, but does not reject any heat to the surroundings. This indicates that this machine is 100% efficient, but this violates second law of thermodynamics.
  • nibhani
    nibhani
    zaveri
    Here is a clear difference.

PMM of first kind: gives output energy without taking any input energy. this violates first law of thermodynamics.

PMM of the second kind: takes input energy, and gives output energy, but does not reject any heat to the surroundings. This indicates that this machine is 100% efficient, but this violates second law of thermodynamics.
    correct
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    white_hat
    The thing just keeps on producing output work without any kind of input.
    Perpetual motion machine first,second and third exist only in theory, its not practical because of friction.
    "because of friction" ? can you explain that
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    zaveri
    "because of friction" ? can you explain that
    The earlier designs developed never worked , and the reason is friction.If you check out images of pmm then you will understand.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi am doing a project on 'Equialization of mimo - ofdm systems' confused from where to start . my main idea is to reduce mutipath fading and to cancel out...
Hello, I am Naveen Regi hailing from New Delhi currently pursuing B.tech in Electronics and Communications from Poornima College. I am very passionate about music and I play the guitar,...
CEans, CrazyEngineers VoiCE is now being served over an industry leading content delivery network. What's a Content Delivery Network (CDN) ? A CDN ensures that the content is delivered to...
Dear Friends, Here I am Hudabia FArooq, I have completed my Electronics Engineering in 2010. I want to utilize my degree now and want to do job for my CV...
Can anyone explain to me what these means? I have no idea what to expect from a headphone.😕 Headphones​ Drivers: 40 mm neodymium magnets with copper-clad aluminum voice coil Frequency...