pls help me develop technical skills in computers

hi guys,
i am doing my 2nd year in electronics & communication engg. I just have some basic knowledge abt computers. Can any1 pls temme how i shud develop my technical skills in computer field??
๐Ÿ˜’ pria..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: pls help me.

pria123
    hi guys,
    i am doing my 2nd year in electronics & communication engg. I just have some basic knowledge abt computers. Can any1 pls temme how i shud develop my technical skills in computer field??
    ๐Ÿ˜’ pria..
    Hi Pria,

Computers is a vast field and since you are a beginner, I think you should develop familiarity with using regular software like -

• Microsoft Office [Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.]
    • Learn to use email-client [Thunderbird, outlook express, outlook etc.]
    • Try to learn C/C++ programming language if you are interested in programming. It helps to have knowledge of at least one programming language.
    While you make your progress through the computer world, you'll realize what you need to learn.

CrazyEngineers is the right place to ask questions to technical people. We are ready to help you with almost anything. ๐Ÿ˜€

[ps: Its very important that you use appropriate title to your thread and post it in appropriate section. Moving this thread to General help section]
  • pria123
    pria123
    Thanks for the reply..
    as i said i know the basic like working in MS office,internet & even c. I wanna know wat should i do after that.. there are many languager which 1 do i learn??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    pria123
    Thanks for the reply..
    as i said i know the basic like working in MS office,internet & even c. I wanna know wat should i do after that.. there are many languager which 1 do i learn??
    Good to hear that.

Pria, it would be better if you tell us whether you want to make a career in computer or just learning it as a hobby.

If you want to make a career in computers [as a software engineer], get a strong hold of languages beginning with C++ (to learn the fundamentals of object oriented programming), C, Java OR .Net.

If you want to go into web programming; you'll need to learn HTML, CSS, DHTML etc. You would also need some knowledge of scripting language like PERL, Javascript etc.

Please note that what I wrote above is just to give you a basic idea of what might be needed. If you tell us what your goals are, we'd be able to help you better.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    learning c,c++and java is more than enough to gain ur technical skills in computer field..
    and like #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello guys, I have this small doubt. The characteristic impedance of transmission lines is 50 ohm in india while it's 75 ohm in the USA. Why is this difference, what...
hi! i am new here. i wanted to make a car adapter for my external hdd. the aim is to convert 12v dc car battery output to a constant 5.6v...
Name: Hemanth *Engineering Trade:I.T Location:Bangalore *Occupation: (Student Unemployed) *Hobbies & Interests: Makin fren. *I joined CrazyEngineers because: I'm A CRAZY ENGG...
๐Ÿ˜ Hi I am glad to be a crazy engineer. I am feeling good to join this . Gudbye
I want to know the security issues associated with any login page. and how can we break the security using SQL injections. Please give me some example queries and descriptions....