please help with time delay trigger

hello
could someone please help with that circuit?
#-Link-Snipped-#

[​IMG]

I want to auto-trigger SCR (U1) when the capacitor is charged to a certain level
my understading is (I'm new at electronics, so sorry if that's very wrong 😀):
1) the SCR trigger needs a minimum current
2) the current on R2 wire is R=V/i
so supposing the minimum current to activate the SCR is 1mA and I want to trigger when capacitor is charged to 100V, I should use a R2=100M (I'm not using the real value in this schematics because I don't know the "i" yet)

does it make sense or I really need to use 555 (like in #-Link-Snipped-# ) or some other way?

(I couldn't simulate this on LTspice probably because I didn't get to specify the minimum current for SCR gate)

thanks

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Agh, okies I'm trying to loop my if statement, which loop should I use? if (Tnumber > 25) { Console.Write("Invalid input!\n\nPlease enter a table number between 1 and 25: ");...
Hi, Actually I have completed my engineering in electronics and communication, and i am already doing job also. But I have very much interest in mobile communications technology such as...
Can any one suggest me few topics regarding to mini project on Piping Engineering.
Hello folks first post on this site. Im currently at college doing a project for my HND (Higher National Diploma) and I have to make a solar paneled air conditioning...
Hi, I am in 8th sem & want to do higher studies.which one I must prefer-MTEC or MBA?