Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

    @sarathkumar-FEGRPw • Aug 18, 2013

    I want the expert to help you out.
    @#-Link-Snipped-#

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Aug 18, 2013

    How in this world are we expected to know what the problem is? โ˜•

  • Nayan Goenka

    @nayan-Dhpt4N • Aug 18, 2013

    sad_engineerplease help me in solving my problem related to Operation Research.... ๐Ÿ˜” no one is helping me.... ๐Ÿ˜” i am crying ;(


    ok first of all Stop crying. Crying will make things worse.

    Then try to explain how can we help you. Operational Research doesn't ring a lot of bells.

  • Abhijit Dey

    @abhijit-dey-damdBv • Aug 18, 2013

    To my knowledge, Operation Research is an elective subject in Engineering. I've seen my friends solving huge numericals and problems. So go ahead, shoot!

  • Nayan Goenka

    @nayan-Dhpt4N • Aug 18, 2013

    Abhijit DeyTo my knowledge, Operation Research is an elective subject in Engineering. I've seen my friends solving huge numericals and problems. So go ahead, shoot!


    Shining Knight for a Damsel in Distress ๐Ÿ˜› @#-Link-Snipped-#

  • sad_engineer

    @sad-engineer-ntejaB • Aug 18, 2013

    thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
    i want to know that how to solve 3 index transportation or assignment problems in operation research ?

  • Nayan Goenka

    @nayan-Dhpt4N • Aug 18, 2013

    sad_engineerthanks ๐Ÿ˜€
    i want to know that how to solve 3 index transportation or assignment problems in operation research ?

    Here, start with this Wiki Link.

    <a href="https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Operations_Research/Transportation_and_Assignment_Problem" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Operations Research/Transportation and Assignment Problem - Wikibooks, open books for an open world</a>

    And Google other when you get struck. And work in Calm mode.

  • Abhijit Dey

    @abhijit-dey-damdBv • Aug 18, 2013

    Well I haven't explored the numericals, only aware of the whole concept of OR!

  • sad_engineer

    @sad-engineer-ntejaB • Aug 19, 2013

    Nayan GoenkaHere, start with this Wiki Link.

    <a href="https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Operations_Research/Transportation_and_Assignment_Problem" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Operations Research/Transportation and Assignment Problem - Wikibooks, open books for an open world</a>

    And Google other when you get struck. And work in Calm mode.


    Well i know these basics....actuallly i want to perform scheduling using OR methods, for example we have 3 teachers,2 subjects,3 days,each teacher has to teach 1 hr/day,and max each teaacher can teach 2 hrs /wk.......?how to assign these things,teachers to class?

  • Nayan Goenka

    @nayan-Dhpt4N • Aug 19, 2013

    sad_engineerWell i know these basics....actuallly i want to perform scheduling using OR methods, for example we have 3 teachers,2 subjects,3 days,each teacher has to teach 1 hr/day,and max each teaacher can teach 2 hrs /wk.......?how to assign these things,teachers to class?


    @#-Link-Snipped-# Can sort it out. I am still learning this subject too.

  • sad_engineer

    @sad-engineer-ntejaB • Aug 19, 2013

    Nayan Goenka@#-Link-Snipped-# Can sort it out. I am still learning this subject too.

    @#-Link-Snipped-# What would you say at it...?

  • Abhijit Dey

    @abhijit-dey-damdBv • Aug 19, 2013

    Well as I said I've no knowledge in the numericals part. And in OR I know the What and Why, but I have no idea about How it is done. We didn't have an option to choose this subject as an elective one.

  • Anand Tamariya

    @anand-tamariya-DnfjEX • Aug 19, 2013

    sad_engineerWell i know these basics....actuallly i want to perform scheduling using OR methods, for example we have 3 teachers,2 subjects,3 days,each teacher has to teach 1 hr/day,and max each teaacher can teach 2 hrs /wk.......?how to assign these things,teachers to class?

    Create a matrix for teachers and days. Then minimize the expression resulting from each teacher teaching a subject for one hour.

  • sad_engineer

    @sad-engineer-ntejaB • Aug 21, 2013

    I didn'tget it? can you provide me a file with this solution?

  • Anand Tamariya

    @anand-tamariya-DnfjEX • Aug 21, 2013

    sad_engineerI didn'tget it? can you provide me a file with this solution?

    No I won't. You should first post your attempt and I might help correct it.

  • sad_engineer

    @sad-engineer-ntejaB • Aug 22, 2013

    but i didn't get what you are saying about solving.....?thats why asking you to upload file?

  • sad_engineer

    @sad-engineer-ntejaB • Aug 22, 2013

    anyone please help!!!!!!!!help!!!!help!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜”

  • sad_engineer

    @sad-engineer-ntejaB • Aug 22, 2013

    @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-#
    ????

  • Nayan Goenka

    @nayan-Dhpt4N • Aug 22, 2013

    I didn't have direct experience on it myself. If you can give what you are already attempting, or show your efforts we will try to improve them. How can we teach the entire stuff altogether. You must have some questions or some things to start with.

  • sad_engineer

    @sad-engineer-ntejaB • Aug 22, 2013

    we have 3 teachers,2 subjects,3 days,each teacher has to teach 1 hr/day,and max each teacher can teach 2 hrs /wk? this is the problem...

  • sad_engineer

    @sad-engineer-ntejaB • Aug 23, 2013

    @#-Link-Snipped-# ?