PLC help!!

Can a 12V DC Relay controled by normal PLC?
how much the output Voltage of PLC??😁😁

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Buddy please do not post the same thread twice.. do not duplicate your Post
  • zorif
    zorif
    Well that depends up on your PLC supply.say if your PLC is powred by 24vdc(which is quite common),you can use a regular 24vdc relay.
    but as far as i know,in industrial based PLC's u won't find 12v power type.
    so i will recommend 24v dc relay.

let me know more abt your plc.may be i can help(got some good hand on experience with PLC's like simens,fatek,fagor,,,,,)
  • mike88mw
    mike88mw
    but the motor that i am using is 12V DC, its can control by PLC with combination with Relay?😁😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    mike88mw
    but the motor that i am using is 12V DC, its can control by PLC with combination with Relay?😁😁
    if you go with relay then i think its works

ok i will call to my one friend as he is in the PLC field already... πŸ˜‰
  • zorif
    zorif
    iam bit confused.using plc u have to switch the 12v motor right.
    them buy a 24vdc relay and use its NO-NC contacts to switch on the motor.
    i hope u know how to do PLC wiring and switch on the outputs.
    u need 2 power supplies here.one for PLC and another for motor.

OR
    the best solution is use a SSR.which takes from 3-32v DC(very low current) and can switch on a 25AMP load.(this is what we do in machines)
  • mike88mw
    mike88mw
    24 V DC relay can be use? in order to control 12 V DC motor??
    not only 12 V DC relay just can be used?
    and i am not so familiar with the wiring..
    can give me some help??hehe...😁😁
  • zorif
    zorif
    your taking abt a PLC and you don't know how to wire it. πŸ˜‰
    dude you shld do little home work before asking questions.

ok i will explain.
    mos PLC are digital output based(u will get relay bsed too.but will be bit costly) either NPN or PNP.so u have to do the out put wiring acordingly.
    in digital outputs,u will get HI-LOW configuration.imean when that output is on(HI) it will give 24v out and when the output is low that is its off.
    i know bit confusing.

one image will do the job.can't explain more than this.....

[​IMG]
  • mike88mw
    mike88mw
    how to link the PLC with Visual Basic software??
    anyone can help??😁😁😁
  • urgull
    urgull
    Realy voltages and motor operating voltages are two differnet things, they may be different. Even the source of power supply may be differnet, in that case realy provides an ioslation. for more details you can visit here.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    or #-Link-Snipped-#
    Interfacing literature will be helpfull for you.
  • mike88mw
    mike88mw
    I am from mechanical, so i have not much idea on electrical and electronic stuffs.
    so how to link the PLC with Visual Basic software??
    anyone can help??😁😁😁
  • debu
    debu
    mike88mw
    so how to link the PLC with Visual Basic software??
    @mike88mw: What PLC are you using? Does your PLC have a serial (RS232) port? If so, use the #-Link-Snipped-# in VB to connect via the serial port with your PLC.

Regards,

Debu πŸ˜€
  • mike88mw
    mike88mw
    do you mean just using the port the PLC can be connected to PC and control by VISUAL BASIC?? how much the cabel cost??😁😁
  • debu
    debu
    @mike88mw: Sure, of course you will have to write a program in your PLC to accept serial commands, and perform a task accordingly. Similarly you will need to write a program in VB to send the commands using the MSComm control.

As for the serial cable, if your PLC has a DB9 port, then the serial cable would cost <=Rs.150. Or you could make it for ~Rs.50.
  • mike88mw
    mike88mw
    its hard to write a program to link both PLC and VB??
    cos i am not expert in this area..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am doing my final year project on conveyor.. can u all guys suggest the features that can be add on at my conveyor? my conveyor already equiped with size...
Hi cEans. I once again login to this after few days due to my summer vacation. I tried to learn Advanced Java during these holidays. I know basics of java...
Hi, Very Good Morning to all. Well I have joined this forum some days back and found that I am making use of it daily. Here is my little introduction:...
Well, I guess very much needed here. This thread is dedicated to me and those who want to argue with me or have any issues with me or my words...
Hey guys…just got some inside information about Acer. i guess they are going to launch some cool products today in New Delhi. The looks are out of this world and...