Play Guitar To Send Email - Say Hello To 'Email Guitar'

How do you like the idea of playing Guitar to compose and send that important email to your boss? What do you think about adding music to the boring business of sending email? Well, you've got to say hello to the Email Guitar - the guitar that replaces your keyboard with the fret-board. Wieden+Kennedy's David Neevel used his Roland GR-33 Guitar Synth along with an Arduino Uno and some crazy electronics & code to turn his Flying V into keyboard. The guitar is a true 'plug-n-play' - because to use it as a keyboard, all you need to do is attach a USB cable from computer to your guitar.

slide

David says that the system could not detect individual notes using guitar's pickups. He found a solution by mounting a Roland GK-2A divided pickup so that he could capture output from individual string. This technique allowed him to map different keyboard keys to various locations on fret-board.

The pickup captures and sends the signal to the GR-33 synth as MIDI output via opto-isolator circuit to the Arduino board. The microcontroller then syncs with a relay board that David custom designed for his email guitar.

email-guitar-circuit

The keystrokes that have been mapped to the fretboard include numbers, shift and delete keys as well. Check out the following video that shows David Neevel typing a simple line of text using his email guitar.

We'd like to hear your thoughts on creating music while typing boring emails. ​
Via: #-Link-Snipped-#​

Replies

• Divya Nair
    Divya Nair
    now email wouldn't be that boring.😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The London Array has finally reached is full capacity as the engineers commissioned the 175th (final) turbine. Dong Energy reported that with all the turbines now connected with the national...
When we say the Universe, we are really referring to the observable universe. What is beyond is a lot of conjecture. The Planck Cosmology Probe took a picture of an...
i'M TRYING TO RECOVER THE MY HP LAPTOP, WHEN I TRY TO CREATE RECOVERY MEDIA DISC THEN THE SYSTEM SHOW THE ERROR "" Visual C++ Library- Run Time Error,------R6002-Floating point...
Name: Suyash Deshmukh Engineering Trade: Computer Science Location: Pune Occupation: Final Year Student. Hobbies & Interests: Reading , Adventure Sports and programming .. 😛 Aim in life: Wanna make the...
I'm addressing to all...kindly advise me...I'm a 2012 pass-out Civil Engineer & currently working in a reputed company(SPEC). I'm planning to quit my job by the end of this month...