Plastic section modulous

Hi,
How to find out the plastic section modulus of irregular sections;

Replies

• Infinity
    Infinity
    See, Plastic Section modulus = AcYc + AtYt
    Now you can't calculate plastic section modulus of any object until and unless you know the centroid of both tension as well as compression part. So if you can break the irregular body into small regular bodies then you can calculate the plastic modulus of the same. But if you can't break it into regular bodies then you can't calculate its plastic modulus!
  • Anand.bandigani
    Anand.bandigani
    Infinity
    See, Plastic Section modulus = AcYc + AtYt
    Now you can't calculate plastic section modulus of any object until and unless you know the centroid of both tension as well as compression part. So if you can break the irregular body into small regular bodies then you can calculate the plastic modulus of the same. But if you can't break it into regular bodies then you can't calculate its plastic modulus!

Then If the section is Compact then for that also we need to design it for a Elastic modulus only ?....
    If it is like that then our Design will become over design!....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can any one send me link for ebook of dip anil.k.jain and antenna and wave propagation k.d.prasadth
Before moving to my own small house with a large garden I use to live on the fifth floor of a sprawling apartment block. From the balcony I could look...
I generally keep off non technical postings. During my engineering college days I used to go on day long solitary hikes every Sunday along the Vizag coast, climbing all the...
Hi I am Electronics and communication engineer.I have been placed in Wipro VLSI and Infosys.Please suggest me which company i should select. Also tell me about career growth future for...
Wishing, one of the most talented and active CEans, Mr. Praveen Kumar a very happy birthday! ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ Have a blast! ๐Ÿ˜