Plastic and concrete

does plastic and concrete bonds together??

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    It depends on the type of plastic you are using. Brittle plastic would shatter when concrete begins to dry. Hard plastic may not shatter but it will not stick perfectly to concrete. This is my perception. I may be wrong.
  • Saiwal
    Saiwal
    Rajcivl
    does plastic and concrete bonds together??
    are you referring to surface to surface interaction between plastic and concrete or bonding between plastic fibers in concrete ?
  • Rajcivl
    Rajcivl
    what i want is to replace plastic in case of steel and to bond plastic and concrete together. whether it can be made? is it effective to do??
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Rajcivl
    what i want is to replace plastic in case of steel and to bond plastic and concrete together. whether it can be made? is it effective to do??

you will not be getting the strength from plastic as needed the quality we get from steel.
  • Rajcivl
    Rajcivl
    but incase of members which doesnot need highstrength and all can we use that plastic is that a cost effective one when compared to steel??
    Nayan Goenka
    you will not be getting the strength from plastic as needed the quality we get from steel.
  • Saiwal
    Saiwal
    Rajcivl
    but incase of members which doesnot need highstrength and all can we use that plastic is that a cost effective one when compared to steel??
    you might have to conduct experiments to know the bonding properties between a plastic rebar and concrete. A pullout test is usually apt in this case.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Rajcivl

You may make an item with plastic as a substitute. But think of durability. comparitively, if steel costs 50₹, it will last 100years whereas plastic will cost 2Rs but will last only 5 years. So total cost in long run is more. Even if your item doesn't need strength,it should be cost effective as well as feasible. To replace steel, you will have to get your plastic tailor-made.
  • rithesh salian
    rithesh salian
    Fibre Reinforced plastic and glass reinforced concrete
  • Rajcivl
    Rajcivl
    A.V.Ramani
    (DOC) Using Fibers in the Reinforcement of Concrete | Sahar El Marsafy - Academia.edu
    sir only one thing i cant understand is steel completely replaced by fiber there are fiber is just mixed with concrete?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Rajcivl
    sir only one thing i cant understand is steel completely replaced by fiber there are fiber is just mixed with concrete?
    In the paper referred, no steel has been used. Please refer to item 3.2. Techniques in the paper.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Folks, I am a huge fan of sweets and often have a bite right after a meal. I would like to know how many of you do the same....
would you like please to explain the difference between synchronous and asynchronous interruptions? Thanks in advance
Hey guys, I have an unusual question in my mind and I think you all will think I am a crack after it. Fire- One element of nature. Power to...
Yes we need an urgent discussion on this topic.Are we posting quality threads? or we just wasting time by posting unrelated topics and give more time to other fields tgan...
Today i heard new BigBang theory just try to share with u. Our all planets expanding like as elastic(rubber) and after a certain time all planets will condense and held...