1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Placement Interview: How many programming languages should I know?

Question asked by harmanveer kaur in #Programming on Jun 9, 2014
harmanveer kaur
harmanveer kaur · Jun 9, 2014
Rank D3 - MASTER
I am pursuing BTech in Computer Engineering. I am about to enter final year. I want to ask what things recruiters expect from students. i am so confused what to do. How to prepare. I know c,c++,vb,java programming languages. Is it okay to keep practicing on these or i should learn new languages to add to my resume? And one more question I have in my mind. I have never participated in extra curricular activities. So if recruiters ask about extra curricular what answer should i tell them? Posted in: #Programming
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Jun 9, 2014
Rank A1 - PRO
The answer to your question comes from none other than Bruce Lee. Click on the following button to see it -

Spoiler: What Bruce Lee Said

Why not try to be exceptional at what you already know than adding several languages to your resume which you don't know much about? As a recruiter, I'd be happier to recruit a master C,C++ coder; because I'd know it won't take a long time for such a coder to gain command over any other programming language.

Show the recruiters you love for the programming languages you've mentioned. Show them a few projects that you worked on in your part/free time.

Extra-curricular activities are 'extra'; they may not be the part of selection process. You should focus on your strong areas. I don't know a person who got rejected because of no participation in extracurricular activities. All the best!

PS: Be active on CE. You'll learn a lot of things.
harmanveer kaur
harmanveer kaur · Jun 9, 2014
Rank D3 - MASTER
Thank you very much sir for your guidance..

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up