Placement Interview: How many programming languages should I know?

I am pursuing BTech in Computer Engineering. I am about to enter final year. I want to ask what things recruiters expect from students. i am so confused what to do. How to prepare. I know c,c++,vb,java programming languages. Is it okay to keep practicing on these or i should learn new languages to add to my resume? And one more question I have in my mind. I have never participated in extra curricular activities. So if recruiters ask about extra curricular what answer should i tell them?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The answer to your question comes from none other than Bruce Lee. Click on the following button to see it -

Spoiler: What Bruce Lee Said

Why not try to be exceptional at what you already know than adding several languages to your resume which you don't know much about? As a recruiter, I'd be happier to recruit a master C,C++ coder; because I'd know it won't take a long time for such a coder to gain command over any other programming language.

Show the recruiters you love for the programming languages you've mentioned. Show them a few projects that you worked on in your part/free time.

Extra-curricular activities are 'extra'; they may not be the part of selection process. You should focus on your strong areas. I don't know a person who got rejected because of no participation in extracurricular activities. All the best!

PS: Be active on CE. You'll learn a lot of things.
  • harmanveer kaur
    harmanveer kaur
    Thank you very much sir for your guidance..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The marketers at Tata surely aren't happy at the success of Maruti Celerio; which is selling like a hot cake in Indian auto-markets. As an answer, Tata has planned a...
All of us have seen the daily crossword problem in news papers. I came across this new type of crossword with numbers. Its real fun solving these but very challenging...
hello..i have just completed my 3rd year in b.tech in CSE..nd don't know what to do in future for better carrier..please help me to find out better carrier options in...
Hi Ceans. Are you really crazy? If yes you can try your hand on this instructables. Follow the link and download the pdf format instructables to make your own CE...
​ FIFA fever switched ON. Let's discuss about FIFA 2014 in this thread.