Piezoelectric crystals

Hi frnds..

Using piezoelectric mtls to convert mechanical power to electrical power is costlier, can we replace it with any other material.๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    Hi frnds..

Using piezoelectric mtls to convert mechanical power to electrical power is costlier, can we replace it with any other material.๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Yes, we can use a generator! ๐Ÿ˜
    Dear vikesh! We can use many technologies for power generation! Piezo electric crystals are one of them. See, when you have(probably) researched about the whole business (generation technologies) can be divided into two, microgeneration and macro generation. You have still given no information about what you are planning to do. Please do give the information so that we can discuss the ideas and come to a conclusion which can suit you. Helping is a two way process. You have to give a bit more input!
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    We r doing our final sem project regarding Generation of power through footsteps using piezoelectric crystals.
    Since it s costlier we thought using some other material.
  • abhotrix
    abhotrix
    @aj_onduty

even i have the same doubt??!!
    i want to convert kinetic energy into electrical power(micro generation)
    so what device should i use in order to achieve this??
    the crystals are too expensive!
  • martinpjose
    martinpjose
    what is the output of piezo crystal
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    abhotrix
    @aj_onduty

even i have the same doubt??!!
    i want to convert kinetic energy into electrical power(micro generation)
    so what device should i use in order to achieve this??
    the crystals are too expensive!
    Dear abhotrix,
    Extremely sorry to be so late. Can you please tell me how micro is your application?
    If you have used some technique in your project in this long span of time, let us all know about it.
    Thanks in advance.
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    First of all sorry for late reply. The output of Piezo crystal is A.C and the output voltage and frequency depends upon the pressure applied.
    martinpjose
    what is the output of piezo crystal

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Lot of members have asked about the userID "CE-InFocus". Let me update - CE-InFocus is a bot that grabs the feed from our official blog 'VoiCE' and posts a...
Hello CEans, We are back with a new KYCEan. It's CEan whiz.kid.aniket who loves computers and techno music equally. He has joined the CE Forum in February, 2010 and has...
๐Ÿ˜ Wishing both the CEans a very happy birthday! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
Hello friends, I have some read about zero address instruction.Such type of instruction is found in machine that store operand in a structure called a pushdown stack. This theory is...
Hey guys. Ive been working on a project which involves a PIC 16F877A, and an electronic kit with a 74LS373 latch. This latch receives several data from the electronic kit...