Pietersen enjoy the spirit of the Indian Premier League

[​IMG]

The begins in Cape Town today, just 29 days after the threat of terrorism convinced representative to ship it overseas.

All eight franchises will be in action at Newlands and the players, who took part in an open-top multi-bus parade on Thursday, are thrilled to be here.

Even South African-born Kevin Pietersen, captain of Bangalore Royal Challengers, was moved to describe the fans who hiss him four years ago, when he represented England here, as 'kind, friendly people.

But then last year's inaugural IPL in India, won by Shane Warne's Rajasthan Royals off the last ball, fattened bank balances to such an amount that a place with one of the franchises has become a no-brainer.
Pietersen and Andrew Flintoff, who will represent the Chennai Super Kings, were valued at a record $1.55million (about £1.1m) at February's auction in Goa.

Pietersen said yesterday: 'It's fantastic to be here. I'm like a child playing with all these legends. I just want to enjoy myself and learn from them.

'Hopefully, a lot of the England boys will do the same and take lessons home and compete at a good level in the World Twenty20. I'll be picking a few brains.'

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Oh Boy !!

He is a legend still so down to earth.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Awarding special user titles is a way to acknowledge exceptional contributors of CE. However, the activity has been long delayed because we did not receive much response to "Suggest...
Thought it would be interesting to start a new thread about current movies. Would be cool if people write down which one was the last movie they have seen and...
Hi, I am new to this forum. I did some online research and found this. I really like the idea that this forum connects engineers all over the world. I...
Below code was compiled and executed on a 32-bit machine where size if 'int' is '4': #include “stdio.h” int main() { int i = 0, j = 0; j =...
I am looking for a software to design a radial blower. Specifications available 1) 17000 cu.m/hr capacity 2) Motor 10 hp 1500 rpm 3) 70 mm of WC 4) dia...