PIC16F887 interfacing

I am working with a project that uses PIC16F887 to be interfaced with GSM, GPS and rf module.
Here in the circuit can someone tell how rs485 works and is there any error in the circuit?

I need a quick reply!
Please find the attached image of the circuit.newckt22

Replies

• yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    can u tell me the project aim.what u wants to do?
  • SurEC93
    SurEC93
    This is the receiver unit that will receive information through rf module and send it through GSM. Also the location will be sent by getting it through GPS receiver.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    connections are right because pic16f uses pin 25-26 for wireless communication what error it shows?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Will you please explain me why you want RS485 interface between PIC and GSM modem?

For RS485 communication you will need to change one pin HIGH and LOW based on the transmission or reception if you are using RS485 chip with SIM300 GSM modem how your modem is going to control this pin? Modem is not capable for that.

Are you not going to use all these things PIC,GSM,GPS and RF on single board?
  • SurEC93
    SurEC93
    Harshad Italiya
    Will you please explain me why you want RS485 interface between PIC and GSM modem?

For RS485 communication you will need to change one pin HIGH and LOW based on the transmission or reception if you are using RS485 chip with SIM300 GSM modem how your modem is going to control this pin? Modem is not capable for that.

Are you not going to use all these things PIC,GSM,GPS and RF on single board?
    Actually even I don't know the exact use of RS485 and its working. Would you please try and explain a bit about it?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    SurEC93
    Actually even I don't know the exact use of RS485 and its working. Would you please try and explain a bit about it?
    Normally RS485 is used to replace your UART communication for long distance.
    UART have limitation that it can not go beyond some distance and if you replace it with RS485 you can achieve higher communication distance with same UART protocol.

Have a look at this link :- #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now a days sensors are being used for detection of objects while taking reverse. A sound will be making us realize that there is some object in the back. Now...
Those who are preparing for GATE 2014 examination can attend this examination to check your progress. This free mock examination will be conducted by TIME institute on OCT 6 all...
Attention premiership footballers and Hollywood movie stars, there is a new Android smartphone phone to fit your luxurious life style. As you might have already guessed it’s from Vertu who...
XMir is an implementation of X11 running on top of Mir display server providing compatibility layer for desktop environments and applications designed for X11 to run on top of Mir....
An interesting video from fora: https://fora.tv/2013/09/22/zero_to_m...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-16475fd76d-295725241