php v/s asp.net - which is in demand?

friends , php and asp.net are two technologies which are used for developing web . which is more demanding language and which have more scope in the market? ....

Replies

• The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    As what our administrator says choose the one which suits you and in which you have some interest 😀
    Both languages are used to develop web applications and both have some pros and cons. Choose the one which suits you. Java is also one options but it's peak in the enterprise apps.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, I always say select the language that you're interested in or most comfortable with. There's a reason why I say that and no one can counter it; because it's based on a fact : no one can predict the future and what's going to 'stay' in the market in coming days.

If you look at the overall job openings, you'll see both PHP and ASP in demand. Both the languages are going strong in their own application areas and I don't see death to any of them at least in the next 5-10 years. Why? Because these languages have been established, have a history, have been implemented in legacy systems which would continue for years to come.

There's however a new perspective I'd like to offer: Don't restrict yourself to any 'one' language. Look at any programming language as a 'tool' to implement your logic. One of my friends (an ex-colleague) used to say that he can master any programming language in not more than a week. He demonstrated that several times too.

He was very good at 'fundamental' of any programming - algorithm writing & logic. If you can master that - you will never have that question in your life.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    He was very good at 'fundamental' of any programming - algorithm writing & logic. If you can master that - you will never have that question in your life.
    Agree with this.
  • technoholikSan
    technoholikSan
    Thanks to The_Big_k And Anand , thanks a lot

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm new to paper presentation and would like to participate. The first step being submitting of abstract ,i would like to know what should the abstract contain. Should it mandatorily...
Hi I am doing CCNA from NIIT.I am from Kolkata ,India .I have B.Sc.(Pure Science) which I passed in 1998 & a MBA(marketing) from SMU.I have long gaps in my...
Hi 😀 I am Partho from Kolkata,India.I am not an engineer but I am interested in asking questions about Networking and IT. Hope I am welcome here!
I need to apply data mining technique in banking fraud detection. Please help me in this field.
hi hello All, i have a doubt in basis that is what will happen to electrons(current) that flowing in devices once after stopped either that produced by battery or from...