PHP installation

has anybody installed php?
i want to know which server should i choose out of IIS CGI, IIS fastCGI and IIS ISAPI module?

I HAVE INSTALLED IIS.

thnx

Replies

• jatin-phoenix
    jatin-phoenix
    wheres shalini when i need her.. ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Jatin , unless you have specific needs; I'd say install php using XAMPP.
  • jatin-phoenix
    jatin-phoenix
    The_Big_K
    @ Jatin , unless you have specific needs; I'd say install php using XAMPP.
    biggie, any particular reasons why you would suggest that?

i thought of iis coz its there with windows.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey jatin, I have no ideas of PHP, just according to my knowledge of JSP(almost like PHP) I would say, you need not to install PHP ever.

Open your notepad, write your PHP code in it and then save as .php (don't forget to change file types from "text files" to "All files" while saving). You can also use any "web devlopment tool" like Macromedia Dreamweaver.

Correct me, if any wrong infromation imparted ๐Ÿ˜”

Thanks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jatin-phoenix
    biggie, any particular reasons why you would suggest that?

i thought of iis coz its there with windows.
    I assumed you are installing PHP on your Windows desktop. XAMPP provides a simple installer for PHP, MYSQL, Apache and configures it automatically.

If you are trying to install it on a server, chances are that it's already installed.

What's your setup environment?
  • jatin-phoenix
    jatin-phoenix
    @biggie: i am installing that on my desktop. making a site these days so need a server.

@shalini: yes u'r right i dont need a server but then i'll have to upload the code and see the results on the main server.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    @Jatin - Dude, you need to install Apache because it really gels very nicely and very tightly with PHP. I have tried with IIS, but frankly, I found it not upto my level of satisfaction. If you want to put a server, make it linux, make it apache and you will be happy that you made this decision.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I recommend linux server too ๐Ÿ˜€
  • rajneshmishra
    rajneshmishra
    Hi Jatin,
    I have been working with PHP for a long time on Windows and Linux servers both.

For startup on a windows machine, i will recommend my own favorite EasyPHP which is a combi installer of Apache Web Server 2.0, MySQL 5.0, PHP 5.0 and to top it all phpMyAdmin for managing mySQL databases which makes life lot easier.

You can download 25 MB installer from EasyPHP - Code with Devserver & host with Webserver.

The installation is as simple as installing Winamp or any other software and has control panel to manage the services.

Hope u will get started with this. Keep me informed with ur progress.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

System does not support the specified encoding. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/tomcat/webapps/ch1/WEB-INF/web.xml'. ... ....................... xml file: ...
Dear all Members i decide to build a huge library for HVAC which conatins a lot of Handbooks,Design manuals,Codes and Standards. i will put my first handbook soon With My...
dear all member : i decided to provide free hvac lessons for HVAC-Talk members which aim to develop HVAC designer's skills and knowledge about HVAC design and I will put...
Hi CE's , I'm a passout of 2009 from BITS Mechanical .... I'm well versed wit Pro/E , Catia , Ansys, LS - Prepost & Ls - dyna .... People...
Many Many Happy returns of the day Happy Birthday g_rakesh2 ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰โ€‹- Crazy sโ€‹