PHP / AJAX experts, anyone?

Hello CEans!

I want to know if anyone among us is at home with PHP & AJAX stuff. The CE forum wants your help in modifying an existing code to add ajax support.

Post your reply in this thread or email me at admin *at* crazyengineers *dot* com !

Thanks !

-The Big K-

Replies

• crook
    crook
    I'm not php or ajax expert. Will you tell us what needs to be done? My younger brother has some experience in ajax. I will inform him 😁
  • aashima
    aashima
    nopes

sorry to say biggie... nothing i can do regarding your concern....πŸ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    no problem

No problem. I didn't expect much replies to this either πŸ˜•.

Let us see, if someone will offer us help. We want the 'latest posts' on the main page of our website to update automatically 😁 , right now, the visitor has to refresh the browser to see the latest posts.

This can be achived by using AJAX. It would be a nice modification, what say πŸ˜‰ ?

Anyways, we are in no hurry. Unless I get it done from somewhere, this thread continues to be open 😁

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    The_Big_K
    No problem. I didn't expect much replies to this either πŸ˜•.

Let us see, if someone will offer us help. We want the 'latest posts' on the main page of our website to update automatically 😁 , right now, the visitor has to refresh the browser to see the latest posts.

This can be achived by using AJAX. It would be a nice modification, what say πŸ˜‰ ?

Anyways, we are in no hurry. Unless I get it done from somewhere, this thread continues to be open 😁

-The Big K-
    sure it is... that will make CE more technical.... cant we find it sumwhere on net?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aashima
    sure it is... that will make CE more technical.... cant we find it sumwhere on net?
    Not really. I talked to the authors of the original code 😁 and they are 'too' busy to upgrade it.

So we need someone who understands PHP & AJAX and is willing to help us πŸ˜€ .

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    alright

The_Big_K
    Not really. I talked to the authors of the original code 😁 and they are 'too' busy to upgrade it.

So we need someone who understands PHP & AJAX and is willing to help us πŸ˜€ .

-The Big K-
    good enuff then.. i'll try and ask at my place.... 😎
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aashima
    good enuff then.. i'll try and ask at my place.... 😎
    That would be great! 😁

We are in no hurry though.

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEans!

We have a good bunch of Techie Computer Engineers. So, do we have anyone who can do a good job with AJAX / PHP ? We need a plugin developed for our CE - Home page.

Either post your reply in this thread, or send a mail to admin at CrazyEngineers dot com

-The Big K-
  • instruite
    instruite
    I am good with php but just started with AJAX
    but for the feature of automatic update of Last posts
    Why is it exactly require to have AJAX code?
    In my view this can be done by cutting short cache time for front page or at max having a timed referesh
    let me know your exact ideas
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The idea is to have the Latest Posts refreshed automatically without refreshing the webpage!

Is there any other way to do that? I think having the latest post plugin "ajaxified" is the best option.

-The Big K-
  • instruite
    instruite
    The_Big_K
    The idea is to have the Latest Posts refreshed automatically without refreshing the webpage!

Is there any other way to do that? I think having the latest post plugin "ajaxified" is the best option.

-The Big K-
    I actually have now experince with vbulletin code as you have to be member to get the code
    I have worked with phpbb but never had a requirement of automatic update
    any ways I will try to look into ajaxified and let you know
    but I may need access to vbulletin code for that and I dont know if CEan team may be prepared for that
    anyways is there a way to join CEan team/staff??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    instruite
    I actually have now experince with vbulletin code as you have to be member to get the code
    I have worked with phpbb but never had a requirement of automatic update
    any ways I will try to look into ajaxified and let you know
    but I may need access to vbulletin code for that and I dont know if CEan team may be prepared for that
    anyways is there a way to join CEan team/staff??
    Instruite, thanks for the comment. We want an auto-refresh feature for the 'Latest Post', of course its going to save bandwidth if we use AJAX.

CEan team is US ! All the members of CE community are "CEans" ! We'll look forward to great posts from you. As I see, you already administer a similar forum for engineers. Good Job Mate! [​IMG]

-The Big K-
  • pad
    pad
    Dont buy MiG to kill mosquito...😎

a simple solution is:
    add a frame in the location you want. set this frame to a page that gets refreshed automatically .. say every 30 sec, and let this page be regenerated when a user posts something. to save bandwidth... keep it plain HTML.

you'll get the same effect... (unless brower doesnt support frame... and in that case i guess browser will not support AJX tooπŸ˜‰ )

glows any bulb?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    pad
    Dont buy MiG to kill mosquito...😎

a simple solution is:
    add a frame in the location you want. set this frame to a page that gets refreshed automatically .. say every 30 sec, and let this page be regenerated when a user posts something. to save bandwidth... keep it plain HTML.

you'll get the same effect... (unless brower doesnt support frame... and in that case i guess browser will not support AJX tooπŸ˜‰ )

glows any bulb?
    Well said. I'll share the code with you if you can implement it. Let's see if we can have what we are looking for.

-The Big K-
  • pad
    pad
    sorry for being late...

i'm ready ....
    here are the hints u can use to make changes urself.

1. locate the page where u want to put auto-update content.
    2. add a frame.
    3. set source of this frame to the PHP page pointed by "last/recent post(s)"
    4. modify the page to remove banner/header/footer etc.
    5. add "meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="10;url" tag

need some experience on php and html.

happy hacking
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Pad, the plan is on hold for some time. We'll take this up as a 'very small project' in our CE-Projects section soon.

Can we have AJAX discussions under computer engineering section? Feel free to start new threads for new discussions. πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
  • pad
    pad
    sure

The_Big_K
    Can we have AJAX discussions under computer engineering section? Feel free to start new threads for new discussions. πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
    and adding a frame.... should not be considered a project at all... my humble opinion
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    Hi, CEans, happy to be back, I have some experience in ajax though i am not sure if its outdated or not,(In IT things change very fast), i will be happy to help
  • themask
    themask
    We are good in PHP, AJAX. Working with PHP for 9 Yrs and AJAX for the last 5 Yrs.
    Let me know the details in a mail. so that we can do that for you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello All! So you wanted to have your own shop? You wanted to be a seller? You did not know how to start? You did not have money .... Now...
Hello CEans! I thought of replacing the normal (& boring) 404 error page by a page that displays a funny message. So, drop in your ideas about what message would...
I think once a while we should have a confrence ... say once in a month atleast active members... .... Neha... aashima... namtrata....crook.... biggi ...me ... Prady pop.... jerry .......
i got a doubt.. wen v join a new job ...we'll b having training period wat's the need of it..is it only for freshers
Unfortunately, we see lots of slangs in the posts of late. This is not restricted to this site alone but in general. Instead of using "u," we should type "you."...