Photography

Hi! Family.,
I don't know how many of us get time for some real outdoor adventures, but I do. Whenever I get a leave from college, what I do is go out anywhere I feel, especially to a nearby brook, or to the seashore..
I first started this enjoyment in the first year itself. As I was in Mumbai right from the first day of my life, I missed all the beauties of the God's own country, which I longed to see till the first year of my career as an engineering. What I saw Kerala for the first time, it was priceless to me, my eyes glistened when I saw all the greenery through my eyes..
Then I thought for a moment, what would happen after these four years of study? I would have to leave all this beauty in pursuit of a good job. I would be forced to leave all the feasts to the eyes this place offers..
I thought for a long time and came to a decision, what if I store all this beauty so as to see all these wherever I go? There started my new hobby, photography.
I am opening this thread to find how many talents in photography are engineers.. Also, please share your views about this hobby..

😀confused:To the administrator- Is there any way so that the users can share pictures through this thread itself😳? It would be kind if you would allow that..)

Replies

• tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    I find digital photography (with current cameras) to be very different than film photography. The digital cameras don't take the picture quickly when you press the button. So its hard to get pictures with action in them to be taken when you want.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    HI Ajitishere,

Please upload your photographs to #-Link-Snipped-#

Then you can post a link here such that the image appears here!!

I personally love photography I love this hobby too!!
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    tashirosgt
    I find digital photography (with current cameras) to be very different than film photography. The digital cameras don't take the picture quickly when you press the button. So its hard to get pictures with action in them to be taken when you want.
    Thats true CEan,even i found that difficult when i started using digital cameras,
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I've always wanted to get started with photography, just didn't have time.

I'm aiming to get a Fuji Finepix s1500 compact camera as a starting point. Not gonna waste thousands on a DSLR if I'm not going full time with taking pics 😉

Well, speaking of cameras and engineering.. Someday I on putting a CMOS camera in my car, facing front. Either take some candid shots interesting things on the road (or even the number plate of malicious drivers), or do some funky image processing to other uses.
  • ajitishere
    ajitishere
    tashirosgt
    Thats the best part of digital photography I feel. We should be really alert. We should Calculate everything to be precise. This can prove very problematic in capturing nature, but once got the hang of it, you can be the master...😁
  • madugula
    madugula
    hi ajitishere.. to be speaking frankly, i have no idea about this cameras and all that stuff.. i just wanted to appreciate your idea of taking up photography as hobby. grab the beautiful nature within a small camera.. have a nice time.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Guys count me in. I'm learning camera tricks. I look forward to tips from experts.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    ajitishere
    😀confused:To the administrator- Is there any way so that the users can share pictures through this thread itself😳? It would be kind if you would allow that..)
    Well, we could share pics in this thread for sure. Though you'll need to upload them at an image host first. If we get a good response, perhaps a new section where everyone has their own thread to post their pics might work out 😛
  • Predictor
    Predictor
    ajitishere
    I am opening this thread to find how many talents in photography are engineers.. Also, please share your views about this hobby..
    I enjoy photography very much. I started with a 35mm SLR when I was in college, and now shoot a digital SLR. It is a great artistic outlet, and working the digital photographs as data appeals to my technical nature. Image processing is an interest of mine, and I find working with images when experimenting with machine learning and pattern recognition to be especially rewarding since you can see the results visually. You can see some of my photographs on flickr:

PredictorX | Flickr

-Will Dwinnell
    Data Mining in MATLAB
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Awesome clicks, Predictor.
  • Predictor
    Predictor
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Awesome clicks, Predictor.
    Thank you very much. As I mentioned, I like mixing the technical and the artistic. You can read about one of my experiments here:

Data Mining in MATLAB: Pixel Classification Project

Unfortunately, the images are no longer properly linked, but the article should be of interest to readers here.

-Will Dwinnell
    Data Mining in MATLAB
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    can anyone do me a favor?

i got this reel camera [very old model] and i dismantled it, and took out the PCB from inside,
    now that reel camera didn't work as my uncle said, but i want to make use of it to my best

my aim- to capture an image, and store it on negative film [photovoltaic film]

any idea how to do it??
  • Nima Ambhurkar
    Nima Ambhurkar
    I also enjoy photography. I like capturing our mother earth's beauty and also some happy moments of my close pals. Recently I have bought a sony camera, but its not always possible to take it around. So just sticking to the pics from my mobile for the time being.. 😁 One of my favourite quotes related to photography - 1. "Taking photographs is easy, capturing moments is something else." 2. "Capturing moments from today,creating memories for tomorrow."

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Starting January 2010, we will be contacting all the engineering colleges in India to spread the word about CrazyEngineers. I couldn't find some concrete information about the number of...
We are very happy to be a part of this community...and I'm a bit miffed that it took me so long to find this site. We look forward to joining...
Okay, maybe "sexy" is a stretch (though the popular Science Cheerleader blog does have a page devoted to sexy scientists and engineers...here.) The National Academy of Engineering recently put out...
Could you please give the IC configuration & some important details of that IC?
People out there.. am in need of metallurgy department final year papers, submitted project or placement papers..can anyone help me with this??? Thanks in advance.