Phishing Alert: *** Bank of India - Please Update Your Internet Banking Account ***

Dear CEans,

If you receive any email from your bank with title similar to: *** Bank of India - Please Update Your Internet Banking Account *** , delete the mail right away!

If you follow the steps mentioned, your are falling in a trap set up by the phishers who'll steal your account credentials and transfer the sums to their own accounts without your knowledge.

If you carefully observe, the mail arrives from Bank of India and not Bank of India's official domain.

Tip: No bank will ever ask you to reset your password through email. Do not entertain such emails unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure.

Replies

• g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    Re: Phishing Alert: *** Bank of India - Please Update Your Internet Banking Account *

Its a really good thread you have started Biggie,
    Because lot of people in India are unware of fishers so such acivities can help.
    One of my friend have suffered this and even police and bank can't do regarding this as these mails are manipulated from out side the country.
    Also mails saying You have won lottery are also fishers.
    They first take your bank account and then for personal details and then they empty your account.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Guys, Am a computer maniac and i would like to pursue my undergraduate degree in CSE but recently i saw that lots of Universities were offering a combo degree...
Papillon is a very good book. It is a kind of book that, if you start reading it, you will not keep it aside till the end. Writting is so...
Hold on! The question is more serious than you think it is. I know you have discussed this over hot coffee with your friends but ultimately there were no conculsions...
I am not sure how many of us are aware of FLOCK browser, intended to be social networking browser ( The home page itself alings itself to varioous social networking...