PhD Research Proposal

Hi
I want to do PhD thesis on Stacking Sequence Effect of Composites on Vibration.
Can you please guide me

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Powder reinforced composites are more are less isotropic. Fibre reinforced composites are anisotropic, which is an advantage in that one can tailor make propeties to suit the application.
    Any PhD level study of composites will require considerable laboratory and computational facilities.
    Are you looking for any specific application (like propellers, turbine blades and such) or specific kind of vibration (like torsion)?

There is a lot of published info in this field.
    These two publications may give you some idea of studies being done on the effect of stacking on properties.

The Effect of Fiber Orientation and Laminate Stacking Sequences on the Torsional Natural Frequencies of Laminated Composite Beams:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Stacking of composites is a rather specialized area. You may have to discuss with your guides and experts in the field to formulate a PhD problem in detail.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Few days ago a Firefox Phone from LG was up in rumors and this time around there is a tweet leaking its specifications. This information was tweeted by @upleaks as...
Logging in from popular social networking sites like Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn etc. is probably the most convenient way to use the resources of your favourite website. However, how safe it...
I am searching in google after professors websites or articles \ papers or video lectures in very accurate motors (1 nanometer), that use the principles of piezoelectric and ceramic motor...
Hi this is Vineesh. Native kerala, residing in Pune now. I am a mechanical Engineer. Employed as design Engineer My aim in life is to make a name for myself.....
Lenovo has today announced Tab S8 (under the S series), a voice calling tablet in the Indian market. The Chinese mobile manufacturing company had unveiled the tablet at IFA earlier...