CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@raviteja.s • 30 Aug, 2012
What is the difference between phasor and vector???
@Abhishek Rawal • 30 Aug, 2012 A phasor is subset of vectors; Also known as rotating vector, hence we can say they are almost same.
Going in detail, Phasors are of two types : Scalar phasor & Vector Phasor.
Scalar phasor contains phase & amplitude information.
Vector phasor contains phase, magnitude & direction information.

While Vectors contain magnitude & direction, It contains no phase information.

One more difference is; Phasor is time independent, while vectors are time dependent.
5.4k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 23, 2013

Karbonn Mobiles has launched its flagship smartphone - the Karbonn Titanium S7 in India today and Flipkart has begun taking pre-orders for the same. Direct in competition with the likes...
4k views

@krishthd · Jul 7, 2010

Hey guys. How are u all? See, there is some problem with my catia software.Its version is V5R17. While saving the file after doing the assembly design an error is...
3.5k views

@Abhishek Rawal · Mar 6, 2013

I don't have on-field experience as I am not even graduated. But, Every IT professionals I talked with wanna join TCS. Born curious,I googled some of stuffs of TCS &...
6.7k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Feb 29, 2008

CEans, how do you like the idea of getting money & fame for being the crazy engineer? CE along with FireFly productions, London, is excited to bring you an opportunity...
4.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · Sep 11, 2015

AmazonBasics was first introduced in 2009 in the US and has been gradually made available in the company's major markets across the world. Today, the company has announced the launch...
3.5k views