Ph.d Topics

Hi,
I've completed M.C.A. I'm having 17 Yrs of experience in Software Dev/product Development.
Now, I'm interested in doing Ph.d and looking for suggestions in selecting an area/topic, which will be latest/future trend.
It is hard to conclude on a topic/area.

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

Replies

• RVignesh
    RVignesh
    Its more important to choose the right institution for doing the PhD rather than the topic. IF you end up being in IIT or similar institute you will get ample number of interesting topic to choose from plus you will enjoy your PhD. If its from a foreign university then you will have the option to discuss with your guide and tell him your interest and area of expertise and he will suggest suitably.
    All the best
  • themask
    themask
    Thanks Vignesh
  • themask
    themask
    Waiting for more inputs from our CEans.
    Any suggestions are welcome.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    finding a research topic is a research within itself. It might take you anything between 3 month to 1.5 yrs to find a topic or may be sometimes even more.So technically I am not sure if anyone of us can give you concrete directions to head in..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    themask
    Waiting for more inputs from our CEans.
    Any suggestions are welcome.
    As #-Link-Snipped-# said it is not easy to provide a concrete direction but yes do you have planned or selected anything in which you are most interested or want to go further?
  • themask
    themask
    I've two different ideas
    1. Big Data
    2. AI using Fuzzy Logic

But cannot conclude on the idea, areas or types of Application that would enable us to leap forward into the future
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    1. find universities which are going active research in these fields. few might need GATE score, for ex IIIT doesnot need a GATE score, IIT does
    2. find supervisor
    3.simultaneosuly start reading about recent developments in these fields
    4. check if anything interests you
    5. once you find supervisor ,suggest your topic - your proposal
    6. they don't need concrete idea for beginners.
  • themask
    themask
    thanks for the reply Durga

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The search engine on CrazyEngineers' has just get got better. Here's an overview of what's new with the search:- The results are now sorted by relevancy (earlier it was based...
Next Stickers Stock Is Arriving Soon! Get Your Free Sticker Set Before We Run Out Of Stock! 👍 ​The next batch of CrazyEngineers Stickers will arrive by the end of...
Lenovo A680, Micromax Doodle 3 or soon to be launched Blackberry z3, which one seems the best smartphone in this price band ?
Toshiba has launched the Satellite P50 laptop in India with a price tag of Rs. 86,000. The laptop is world's first with 4K (Ultra HD) display that pushes 3840x2160 pixels...
Hi guys! Can you tell me how important ABAQUS Software is for Instrumentation Engineering? Where is it applied?And where can I find classes and study materials for Abaqus in and...