Petrol from air - is the fuel problem solved forever or it's just got worse?

So we've the British engineers devising a technique to create petrol from air. I'm wondering if the technology holds any promise and if it solves the man kind's fuel problems forever. Or do you think we've another bigger problem lying in front of us? Check the detailed post on VoiCE: #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    It is a very attractive idea which can revolutionalize mankind but only if efficiency is greater than 100%, meaning the amount of energy we harvest is significantly greater than the energy we put in.
    I am hopeful!
  • dec nor
    dec nor
    that is amazing..... but i am here to seek help from crazyengineer friends to help me how waste water is managed in petrochemical industry. i am in desperate need of it as a part of acadamic learning as i am a trainees in civil engineer.
    thank you
    waiting for your help.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    dec nor
    that is amazing..... but i am here to seek help from crazyengineer friends to help me how waste water is managed in petrochemical industry. i am in desperate need of it as a part of acadamic learning as i am a trainees in civil engineer.
    thank you
    waiting for your help.
    You start your own thread in the forums to get more responses to your thread
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CE Designer
    It is a very attractive idea which can revolutionalize mankind but only if efficiency is greater than 100%, meaning the amount of energy we harvest is significantly greater than the energy we put in.
    I am hopeful!
    And if efficiency crosses 100% man will stop to develop more device to enhance the system

Our attitude will become what is the need of further development when we get more than we put into the system
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    dec nor
    thank you
    waiting for your help.
    There is a nice chart on this page:
    www.oilgae.com
  • dec nor
    dec nor
    site given by the author seems really informative.............
    thank you
    your help would make a difference in me and others too.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An update:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

They are now talking of a 1 Ton/day demo plant.
    If there is some high density absorption device at the outlet of the combustion gases so that the CO2 is trapped at the source this process can really save a lot of money instead of harvesting CO2 from the atmosphere. The worry is the power for hydrogen generation. They propose to use wind and solar without converting to grid voltages.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LG had announced the Optimus Vu earlier this year at the Mobile World Congress. The phone has now entered India with a price tag of Rs. 34500. The LG optimus...
Beijing Daxing International Airport is going to be the world's biggest and the busiest Airport, with an area spread of 2680 hectors (of the size of Bermuda) and carry about...
So, time's up CEans. As Voted by majority of CEans, our technical topic of discussion for today (21/10/12) is NFC (Near Field Communication). Hence, post anything technical related to NFC...
What is a system file?? Is it possible to delete a system file? And how can change any file to system file?
it is a thermodynamic closed system process.in cor not cycle this is present.