Peter Principle Discussion - Do you experience it at your workplace?

The Peter Principle states that "in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence", meaning that employees tend to be promoted until they reach a position at which they cannot work competently.

One of my lecturers had told me in my MBA preparation class that Peter Principle is one of the must 'know' principles in corporate world. I'd like to listen to your views on why this happens? Also tell me whether you agree with the principle or not.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is it best to learn LINUX then other ?😕
Hi...This is Pranathi, a civil engineering student. Presently Ive cme to my 3rd yr n I wanna take the GATE-2012 exam. Can anyone please suggest me the BEST books for...
Sorry If Ive made u think that this is about something like Moon powered building. What I mean is about building structures on the Lunar surface. Don't think this is...
Hi... Can anyone tell me if there are any computer models to analyse the type of foundation we need in those particular soil n whether conditions.
plz help,im getting incorrect output #include int main() { int i,pass,temp,a[10],n; printf("Enter the number of elements you would like to enter"); printf("%d",n); printf("Enter the elements of the array"); for(i=0;i