Personal blogs

Simple (or so I thought) and easy instructions in setting up your own blog in less than Rs.500 a year!!
  1. Purchase a .com comes for somewhere around Rs. 450.00 per annum, a .in comes at half the price.
  2. Once that is done, buy the Manage Domain rights for your domain. This costs an additional Rs. 45.00 per year.
  3. Now start a blog on the blogger platform
  4. In the Settings->Publishing->Advanced settings, go to the your own domain name, and provide the same.
  5. The complete instructions are given #-Link-Snipped-#, but this is what you do simply -
    1. Enter you domain name in the Advanced tab
    2. In your Manage DNS section of domain dashboard, make a CNAME entry for your domain to point to ghs.google.com
  6. It should take an hour and two and Voila!!
Copy pasted from #-Link-Snipped-#

PS - hey Biggie, the Edit functionality of these forums is really cool!! *thumbs up*

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    On a side-note, how many of us will be interested if we add a blogging engine to CE so that everyone can have their own blogs on CE?

@Kidakaka: Good to hear that. You'll jump with joy when we do our next upgrade, trust me! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Awesome idea Biggie!! Seriously ... that'll be great ๐Ÿ˜€
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Its a good idea but it can also get bloated after some time and might need extensive moderation. A big task but doable.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    Its a good idea but it can also get bloated after some time and might need extensive moderation. A big task but doable.
    Yep, I agree. Its very much doable and needs a blogging engine to be integrated with the forum.

Next upgrade will also see a better 'profile' system and ability to send 'public' messages (something that's present in social networking sites).

We'll NOT moderate them. We'll only moderate the posts on the forum.

๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    my god ๐Ÿ˜€. Public messages, eh? Are you sure? You know how Crazy engineers are ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    my god ๐Ÿ˜€. Public messages, eh? Are you sure? You know how Crazy engineers are ๐Ÿ˜€
    Good Idea or bad idea? ๐Ÿ˜•
  • lady malady
    lady malady
    It's a great idea! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Being a skeptic, its akin to giving all the users access to the "wall" command on a public server ๐Ÿ˜€.

Go Figure! Or let me put it this way, how many of us actually read their personal messages in Orkut??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    Being a skeptic, its akin to giving all the users access to the "wall" command on a public server ๐Ÿ˜€.

Go Figure! Or let me put it this way, how many of us actually read their personal messages in Orkut??
    Yeh, true. Let's keep this on hold for sometime. Turning CE into a social networking site & maintaining all 'hi/hello' junk isn't really what we want to do.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hey, can we have a more prominent Seminar topic list which our fellow engineers can often refer to?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    Hey, can we have a more prominent Seminar topic list which our fellow engineers can often refer to?
    I had started a thread for the same couple of months back, but it did not get a good response.

What I think is, we create "CrazyEngineers semiar topics & project ideas - 2008.pdf" ๐Ÿ˜ and make it available here on forums.

Btw, do you think it will hamper our member registration rate ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    hamper is increase or decrease? Or is it like a gift hamper, or gift voucher? And that smiley looks happy but constipated.

P.S: Yea its a good idea to put it on hold, for now we concentrate on interviews and the forum. In the future all the interviews can be turned into small pdf's. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    hamper is increase or decrease? Or is it like a gift hamper, or gift voucher? And that smiley looks happy but constipated.

P.S: Yea its a good idea to put it on hold, for now we concentrate on interviews and the forum. In the future all the interviews can be turned into small pdf's. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Hamper as in -

1. to hold back; hinder; impede: A steady rain hampered the progress of the work.
    2. to interfere with; curtail: The dancers' movements were hampered by their elaborate costumes.

Sure, let's keep it on hold. There are other important things which need attention.

Once we're all set for the upgrade, I'll seek feedback from the regular/experienced/old folks here on CE ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i need a smal clarification.....to convert a 4 bit line (value 2 to 12 ) into a dual seven segment line ( showing value 2 to 12 in two displays)...
hey ppl,๐Ÿ˜€ does any1 have any knowledge on SOLAR POWER SATELLITES.....๐Ÿ˜• If yes pl post it.
hey, i m final year student of civil engineering.i want to ask you friends that have u any knowledge of shear strength of break.As the bricks are used in load...
If I have a 72 inch propeller I want to use to vertically lift something, how do I determine how many rpms I need to achieve each pound of thrust....
hello friends , i would like to know about the universities offering m.tech biotech around the globe and requirements to join those respective colleges ..if any one knows any info...