Persistent Systems Campus Placements & Interview - Experience Sharing

Persistent Systems is one of the leading IT companies operating in India with offices located in Pune, Nagpur, Goa, Hyderabad and other cities around the world. Persistent has been hiring in campuses all over India and this thread is dedicated to experience sharing for those who've appeared for campus placements and who're preparing for Persistent campus placements.

Replies

• Merga_Electra
    Merga_Electra
    The_Big_K
    Persistent Systems is one of the leading IT companies operating in India with offices located in Pune, Nagpur, Goa, Hyderabad and other cities around the world. Persistent has been hiring in campuses all over India and this thread is dedicated to experience sharing for those who've appeared for campus placements and who're preparing for Persistent campus placements.

Can u please tell me where will i get the persistent systems solved aptitude papers? persistent system is coming to our college next week and i am not getting the papers.😔
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    Latest Persistent Placement paer -Sep 2011

•1 . Online Test ( Technical + Quantitative )
    •2 . Technical Interview -1
    •3. Technical Interview -2
    •4. HR Interview
    Firstly They conducted online aptitude test . Total 60 Questions were asked . Mainly Technical and Quantitative .
    Software Testing Questions were maximum in number .
    Among that they shortlisted 16 students and conducted Technical Interview for them .
    TECH INTERVIEW – 1
    1.Tell me something about your academic background.
    2.What are your major areas of interest?
    3.Does your final year project topic co-incide with the above interests?
    4.Perform a brief feasibilty analysis of your intended project.
    5.How do you intend to deploy your project? Mention road-map if possible.
    6.What is the intended audience?
    Sell your idea to me. (What does the end-user stand to gain?)
    Write a program to read improperly indented C code from a file and add tabs and new lines as per convention in a new file. (Eg. After a control statement is encountered, print the opening brace on a new line. Then, on the line after that, increase indentation and begin writing code. Reduce indentation when a closing brace is encountered by the file pointer)
    Rate your own code on a scale of 1-10
    What is load, stress and performance testing? Elaborate on the differences between them.
    Name a few test automation softwares.
    Given a set of employees and their correponding salaries, write an Oracle SQL query to provide as result, the 2nd highest salary.
    Puzzle :
    There are no time keeping mechanisms (watch, clock) in a room. There are 2 candles in the same room. Each candle when lit, has its wax completely exhausted in exactly 1 hour. How will you track the passage of 45 minutes? (NOTE : The candles do not burn in a proportional manner i.e. consumption of half the candle doesn’t indicate a passage of 30 min.)
    1.Draw the Verfication and Validation model of the Software Testing Life-Cycle and explain each stage in brief.
    2.Explain the difference between verification and validation.
    3.What exactly is ‘Bing’?
    4.Are you familiar with Google Plus? What are its major selling points?
    5.Does the Google search engine show results of pages in other languages if there is a direct keyword match?
    6.Give 2 positive and 2 negative test case for searching via the Google search engine.If I want to enter a search term in Google’s search engine in a language other than English, how can I do it without investing in a language specific keyboard or a keyboard emulator or a virtualization software?
    7.Given a choice between software development and testing, what would you choose to do? Justify.
    8.What, in your opinion would be the qualities of a good tester?
    9.In reference to the above question, can a fresher be as effective as an experienced tester? Justify.
    10.Do you have any questions for the interviewer?
    TECHNICAL INTERVIEW – 2
    What programming languages are you familiar with?
    Explain the mini-projects you have completed during your course.
    What are the databases management softwares you have learnt? Explain in short the scenarios in which you have used each.
    What is an RDBMS?
    What is the significance of the word ‘relational’ in RDBMS?
    Among all the languages taught to you until today, which are you most comfortable programming in? Why?
    Compare C and C++ (differences, advantages and disadvantages)
    Write a program in C to perform insertion sort. Explain the logic behind it.
    What other sorting algorithms are you familiar with? Explain the login behind each of them.
    Among the aforementioned algorithms, which is the best, in your opinion?A login form is given to you. Here are the constraints on each of its fields o Name - shouldn’t exceed 20 characters
    •Phone - should be exactly 10 digits
    •Credit Card Number - should be exactly 16 digits Enumerate as many test cases as you can and explain each.
    1.For the above example, what type of testing is required? Black-Box or White-Box?
    2.What Black-Box techniques are used in the above example.
    3.Explain Equivalence Partitioning. How does it benefit a tester?
    4.Explain Boundary value analysis.
    5.What is the motivation behind placing emphasis on the extreme values of an input class during Boundary Value Analysis?
    6.Does a singular input value qualify as a class of inputs with respect to Equivalence Partitioning and Boundary Value analysis?
    7.Enumerate the input classes for Credit Card details in the login form example given above.
    8.What are the types of inheritance in object-oriented programming?
    9.Give an example of inheritance. What is its major advantage?
    10.Inheritance is a concept in OOP. What is its equivalent in a procedural language like C?
    11.What is PL/SQL? How does it differ from normal SQL queries.
    12.What is the use of a function/procedure in PL/SQL. Explain syntax.
    13.Given a choice between development and testing, what would you prefer to do? Justify your answer. (In case you’re wondering, yes, it was asked twice)
    Elaborate Discussion :
    Consider a scenario in which you are part of a team. You have been assigned to develop part of the project. Another part which a teammate is assigned to complete is defective. The deadline cannot be acheived if you decide to abandon your development and help your colleague test the part that he/she has made. What would you choose to do – continue with your own development job, or help your colleague test an detect the errors in his portion of the software? Justify.
    Do you have any questions for the interviewer?

HR INTERVIEW
    1.Tell me something in general about yourself.
    2.What are your areas of interest?
    3.What domain does your project fall under?
    4.Tell me a bit about your family background. (Parents’ name, profession; Siblings)
    5.What is your aim in life? What would you be satisfied with, not just in a work environment, but in general?
    6.Do you have any questions about Persistent Systems?
  • Merga_Electra
    Merga_Electra
    Thanx a lot frooty.. thank u so much... please let me know where can i get the sample question and answers for the online aptitude test? i am an ece student and i dnt have any knowledge in os,softwr engg, c++ as we never studied these subjects so if i can get some sample questions it would be really helpful..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Merga_Electra
    Thanx a lot frooty.. thank u so much... please let me know where can i get the sample question and answers for the online aptitude test? i am an ece student and i dnt have any knowledge in os,softwr engg, c++ as we never studied these subjects so if i can get some sample questions it would be really helpful..
    Persistent would test your knowledge on the basics of programming. If you want to crack their aptitude, you'll have to be really good in C, C++. Would also help in technical interviews.
  • Merga_Electra
    Merga_Electra
    okay... thanks big_k..
  • Merga_Electra
    Merga_Electra
    hello, these are a few aptitude questions of persistent systems of which i couldn't find the answers. can anyone please help me in this...

1. If table A has m rows and table B has n rows then how many rows will the following query return

SELECT A.A1,B.B1
    FROM A,B
    WHERE A.A3=B.B3
    a. <=(m*n)
    b. m*n
    c. <=(m+n)
    d. >=(m+n) and <=(m*n)
    e. m+n

2. The def. of Foreign key is there to support

a. Referential integrity
    b. Constraint
    c. None

3. Problem
    Process A Process B
    WRITELOCK(X) WRITELOCK(Y)
    READ(X) READ(Y)
    ... ...
    a. The problem is serializable
    b. The problem is not serializable
    c. It can be run in parallel
    d. None

4. A hash table has a sie of 11 and data filled in its position like{3,5,7,9,6}how many comparisons have to be made if data is not found in the list in worst case

a) 2
    b) 6
    c) 11
    d)
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Any computer science geeks around here want to try answering the above questions?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have heard that the company takes around 3 technical interviews and each interview at Persistent Systems last for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. They grill you on all topics under the sky in the technical domain, ask you to write code or algorithm, make you solve problems in the interview room with a pen and paper and what not.

If we can have more experience sharing here, it will definitely help others out.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Could you confirm if the above details are correct? Do share more information about how to prepare for Persistent placement interview rounds.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Power Cannot Be Expressed Unless MisusedI believe the statement speaks for itself. We have seen multiple examples in past where people in power have done more harm than good. What...
Ask a wanna-be entrepreneur about the ethics that he/she will follow in her business and you get blank faces. Is Business with ethics a far-fetched dream? Is it impossible or...
plz tell me wwhether having 9 ptr is not gud fr the job interview??and also dat the marks are not stable dey keep on fluctuating btw 8 ptr and 9...
can we use a light sensor diode to produce electricity from light? 😉 😁
Dont laugh and do not get carried way with title. I have just had the experience of my life! I was taking tea in one of the tea stalls in...