hello friend
i have a pen drive which not working i did not understand what to do
i have some impoetnt document i n it
my laptop does read the pen drive

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hello there!

When you say it is not working, it means you cannot open the pen drive directory? Even though it is detected by your laptop?

Have you tried running a virus scan on it?
  • shonali55
    shonali55
    HI Amit
    To check if your pendrive is being recognised, see if it appears and disappears in "my computer" as you plug it in and remove it. Have you tried different USB ports?
    Further if your USB drive is new, whan you have plugged it into your laptop than a encrypted software must be installed automatically or not?

Which kind of USB drive you are using?

IF problem not solved then go to user control panel--->OTHER HARDWARE--->TROUBLESHOOTING.

Reply me you are success full or not.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    is it a kingston drive??
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Ya, kingston pendrives are quite buggy.
  • amitdudhi
    amitdudhi
    no it s not working i think there is fault in it pin
    i open it
    it have a black small memory
    on it there is led
    which glow properly
    but it will read when led start blinking
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Insert your pendrive before starting your computer...
    I hope it will work
    If this also doesnot work
    then after starting your pc...press f2..
    there will be some option like boot some other hardware something like this...
    click on that and exit
    now continue booting I hope it will work
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    you may be able to use it on a linux computer...one of my friends had a kingston 2GB drive which went kaput, it was not being detected on any windows based computers...but when i tried it on my ubuntu, miracle!!! although you may not like to change your OS just because of a pen drive, but as you have important data on it, you should use a live cd of any of the linux distros available...i would suggest u download damn small linux, it is a 50mb download, burn it onto a cd and you have a portable os!!

you can save the data on your pendrive to your hard disk and then look for a more permanent solution
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    amitdudhi
    i open it
    on it there is led
    which glow properly
    A blinking red light will indicate drive activity, whether it is reading or writing.

Can I confirm, is it being detected at all on your computer? Or you just can't access it?

I would suggest you scan the pen drive for any worms or viruses if you can.

I've heard about reflashing the pendrives firmware to resurrect them, but thats probably a last ditch effort to save the drive rather than the data on it.
  • shonali55
    shonali55
    amitdudhi
    i open it
    on it there is led
    which glow properly
    Why you open that.
    First tell me Which pen drive you are using on which system.Like Win XP(Version), Vista etc
    Did you go to hardware troubleshooting.
    Control panel-->printer or other hard ware--->Trouble shooting--->hardware--->device manager--->property.
    YOU GET SOMETHING LIKE THIS
    Is there a problem with the USB host controller or the root hub?
    If there is a problem with the USB host controller or the root hub, a USB device might not work.

To check the status of these devices

Open Device Manager.
    Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click the entry for your USB host controller, and then click Properties.
    Look in the Device status box to see if it mentions any problems with the device, and then click OK.
    Click USB Root Hub, and then repeat steps 3 and 4 for this device.

One more thing i want to ask is it open in other systems.
    If no then their is software problem. Take it to service center. Becoz if led is glowing means no problem with transmission. The interruption signal fed by usb microprocessor is not recognized by lapi. Your flash memory is alright.
    which antivirus you have used in your lapi or USB scanner as it mayhap that USB security is eaten up by torzens or worms and AV just try to prevent your lapi. try to use the usb in the system where thier is no AV. Then Consult me. If you wan i will provide you hardware description of it but you have to tell me its type.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

view the attached image ...and express your ideas ^_^
Name: Karthick Kanagalingam *Engineering Trade: Electroncis Engineering Location: Toronto Ontario, Canada!
Have you ever think what is programming?? I hope your answer will be similar to me Programming is the task of solving certain problems using computer. but no after participating...
A blind woman sits in a chair holding a video camera focused on a scientist sitting in front of her. She has a device in her mouth, touching her tongue,...
1. Introuction 2. Diagram and working 3. Advantage and disadvantage 4. Future scope